2

Standing at apartment 305, I bend down and move the fake plant to reveal an extra set of keys to get into Zayn's New York apartment

Standing at apartment 305, I bend down and move the fake plant to reveal an extra set of keys to get into Zayn's New York apartment. I guess it's not the best hiding spot, but the landlord only provided him with a limited amount of keys, and with the entire band constantly practicing at Zayn's apartment, it's just easier to use the cheap plant as a shitty hiding spot.

Zayn and I have known each other for about two years. The same amount of time that we've known our other two band mates, Niall and Louis. Because we were all NYU students studying abroad, we all attended the same orientation and kind of just stuck together. Around a year ago, I convinced the boys to start a band with me. While I was the only one out of the group specifically at NYU for music, the other boys had a passion for it as well, so after many long weeks of trying to come up with a name, we finally decided on Platinum. Then came the actual playing. Zayn was on drums, Louis was on rhythm guitar, I was on bass, and Niall was on lead guitar. Most of my life when studying music, I would try to learn as many instruments as I could instead of focusing on one that I could get really good at. I'm by no means bad at playing any of the instruments, I'm actually quite good, but the roles that we assigned ourselves fit with us and I'm glad I can have all three of them to help me learn more about each instrument respectively. Especially Niall, who constantly wants to show me new tricks and is surprisingly a very good teacher.

So far, we have only played a couple of gigs at some bars and only covers. But I'm trying to write some original work so maybe we can gain traction on social media. Which brings me to right now, walking into Zayn's apartment so we can continue writing a song that I've been working on. We also need to work out the vocals and who will be the lead singer. As much as I would like it to be me because I believe it will help my career out in the long run, I don't want to be selfish in requesting it. I also want whatever is in the best interest of the band, so if that's not me singing lead vocals, then so be it.

I noticed Zayn's car missing from the parking garage as I was coming here so I don't bother on announcing my entrance since no one is home. Instead I grab the small keyboard and sit on the couch while opening my notebook with a bunch of messy writhing and scratches within it.

I start playing a repetitive run on the keyboard
and test a couple of the written lyrics out.

Give you this.
Give you that.
Blow a kiss.
Take it back.
If I look inside your brain.

I nod along, liking the way it sounds. I'm not sure if the guys will like it but I don't think it's bad for our first original song.

I would find lots of things,
Clothes, shoes, diamond rings,
Stuff that's driving me insane.

I smile as I extend that next note and think of some lyrics for the next lines of the song.

You could be preoccupied,
Different dick, every night.
You've just got to say the word.
But you're not into them at all,
You just want materials.
I should know because I've heard when girls say!
I want
I want
I wa-

And that's when I felt a giant pillow smack the side of my face rather hard and I went falling onto the couch from the unexpected impact.

"What the fu-," I say as I start getting up, but I'm pushed back into the couch when another hit was made.

"Okay now whoever that is will really fucking ge-," I see the pillow hurdling towards my face again but grab it before it can make contact.

Now is when I can finally see who's been assaulting me with one of Zayn's decorative pillows.

It's a girl about my age with tan, Olive skin, almost black hair that falls just below her shoulders, big eyes that hold brown iris' that look vaguely familiar, and sharp angles to her face that easily showcased the simultaneous anger and fear.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my apartment?," she shouts, trying to be intimidating, but I can hear the slight shake to her voice, giving away how terrified she is.

But seeing as she's the random girl in my best friends apartment hitting me with a pillow, I decide not to answer and instead scream back, "Who am I? Who the fuck are you and what are you doing in my best friends apartment?"

"Wait what?," the girl asks, and at that moment the door opens to show Zayn, Niall, and Louis all holding boxes of pizza.

The girl and I quickly look over at the boys, all of us with wide eyes.

"So are we having a pillow fight?," a familiar Irish accent says, as he looks at the pillow in between the random girl and I that we each have a firm grip on.

"Zayn," the girl speaks up, I just now notice her English accent, "Is there a reason there is a strange man in our apartment singing really bad, misogynistic songs?"

"Excuse me?," my head whips towards the girl, "Bad? Misogynistic? Please explain to me how-."

"Reyna meet Harry," Zayn interrupts, "Harry, meet my little sister Reyna."

//
Song: I Want- One Direction