19

My pencil scratches along the paper as I write down, what could possibly be, Platinum's next song

My pencil scratches along the paper as I write down, what could possibly be, Platinum's next song. It's Tuesday morning and the only way I can distract myself until the meeting with Columbia Records this afternoon, is through music. So the first thing I did when I awoke this morning, was sit at my piano.

It's been a few hours but I think I'm finally done with the song. I gather all of my scraps of paper together so I can somehow make all of my jumbled thoughts fit onto a few sheets of manuscript. Once I'm done, I rest the sheet music on the stand of the piano and let my fingers dance over the keys.

Little freak, Jezebel
You sit high atop the kitchen counter
Stay green a little while
You bring blue lights to dreams
Starry haze, crystal ball
Somehow, you've become some paranoia
A wet dream just dangling
But your gift is wasted on me

My voice sounds airy as I sing this next part and think of the harmonies that the band can make together. But as I sing, I think about how vulnerable I've made this song to be.

I was thinkin' about who you are
Your delicate point of view, I
Was thinkin' about you
I'm not worried about where you are
Or who you will go home to, I'm
Just thinkin' about you

As I sing the second verse of the song, I realize I can't show the song to them. It is painfully obvious who it is written about and I can't have them finding out it's meaning.

Did you dress up for Halloween?
I spilt beer on your friend, I'm not sorry
A golf swing and a trampoline
Maybe we'll do this again
Tracksuit and a ponytail
You hide the body all that yoga gave you
Red wine and a ginger ale
But you would make fun of me, for sure

I sing the chorus again, thinking of the honey colored eyes who it is about. The contagious smile that invaded my brain which caused me to spill my heart out in song. The addicting person behind every thought my mind has had lately.

I disrespected you
Jumped in feet first, and I landed too hard
A broken ankle, karma rules
You never saw my birthmark

I think about how infatuated I am with Reyna, but we are just friends. She doesn't see me as more and we can never be more. Until I can find a way to get her off my mind, she will be the girl that I think about every waking moment of the day. Wondering what she is doing, what she is thinking, how she is feeling.

I finish off the song and store everything away. Not intending for that song to see the light of day. I head over to my dresser stuffed with clothes and try to figure out an outfit for today. I don't want to dress too casual in fear of it looking like I don't care. But I also don't want to dress too fancy. I decide to meet in the middle. I iron out my ensemble before putting it on and look at myself in the mirror.