16

My fingers fumble with the buttons of my shirt until I have it all done up and I'm tying the attached scarf into a bow around my neck

My fingers fumble with the buttons of my shirt until I have it all done up and I'm tying the attached scarf into a bow around my neck. I tuck my red button down shirt into my brown, pin stripped pants, and throw on the coat I bought at the thrift store onto my body. I don't feel like putting on my hat just yet, so I leave it off to the side.

Today is Halloween, meaning Platinum will be performing at the Black Magic Festival. Although I try to keep calm whenever Reyna explains her worries for the performance, I secretly am just as nervous as she is. This festival is one that I've wanted to perform at since forming Platinum. There is never a guarantee, but two to five performers seem to get recognized after having a gig at Black Magic. There are always agents scouting there, trying to find the next big name that will make them millions.

I have a couple worries.

One being that no one is interested in us.

The second being that someone is interested in us. The boys booked this thinking that agents would only want me. Realistically speaking, if someone were to be interested, they'd want all of us, not just me. And even if they did only want me, I don't know what I would do. I'm comfortable and happy with where the band is heading, even if they don't see a future in it, I want to keep the band running for as long as I could.

My last worry is Reyna. Well not her specifically, but her nerves. Once she got comfortable at Elliot's, her performance was breathtaking. But none of us have performed for an audience of this size, so for this to be her second performance, I'm scared for her.

I let my thoughts scatter with a shake of my head and walk out of our studio. Zayn, Reyna, and I have already loaded Zayn's car with all the equipment that the festival is not providing for us. Louis and Niall will be meeting us at the festival since loading the equipment is not a five person job. I decided to take my clothes to the Malik's place so I can just catch a ride with them.

Although I have every piece of my costume ready, I think I need a little something more. So I lift my fist and softly knock on Reyna's bedroom door.

"Just a second," she hollers through the closed door.

I wait for a minute or two and hear whispered curses coming from the other side of the door that has my brows furrowing.

"Rey," I say cautiously, "Are you okay?"

Instead of responding the door whips open and Reyna is standing there with her costume on. Well, almost. She is holding the dress up with a hand to her chest as it sits loosely around her.

"I wouldn't ask if I could do it," she explains, "but can you please zip up my dress? I've been trying for ten minutes and can't get it up."