13

Alice in Wonderland has almost reached its end, and although I have tried to wait until the movie concludes, I have decided to bite the bullet and ask Harry the question that's been on my mind this whole time

"Harry, can you help me write a song?"

Harry looks towards me with furrowed brows.

"I mean if you want to finish the movie first that's fine. Or if you don't want to help at all, I understand that too. I just figured cause I have these lyrics in my head, and now since I'm part of the band, but if I'm overstepping or-."

"Reyna," Harry cuts me off, "Don't worry about it. Of course I'll help you."

Harry reaches for the remote and turns off the television.

"I'll be right back," he says.

He leaves the living room but in no time, he is back with a keyboard, notepad, and pencil.

"Can you grab your guitar too? Just start with something similar to this," I play a few notes on the keyboard, "Just do that throughout the song, and I'll focus on the keys."

"Yeah," he says, he stands up to get his guitar. While he does that, I set my phone recorder on.

Harry sits down next to me and starts with the tune I had assigned him. It takes me a second to think of the flow of the words I want to sing, I test them out on paper and decide to let them out when it looks about right.

February, and the flowers haven't even wilted.
It's crazy how fast you tilted,
The world that we were busy building.
Mid- November,
And I'm sipping on a half cold coffee,
Staring at a girl who's not me,
On your arm, a carbon copy.

I start playing the keys, and the acoustic guitar mixed with the piano creates a melancholy atmosphere. I think for a little bit longer. Trying to find the best way to merge into the chorus that I have been writing in my head for the entirety of watching the movie.

Feels like we had matching wounds,
But mine's still black and bruised,
And yours is perfectly fine now.
Feels like we buried alive,
Something that never died.
So, God, it hurt when I found out.

In my head, this part of the song will have drums in the back. I let my voice have a bit more power to it as I sing out the chorus.

You love her, it's over.
Do you even doubt on your lips?

Harry adds in a line and I like the way it sounds. I give him a small smile.

When you say it.

I continue on with the lyrics I had planned.

You love her, it's over.
You already found someone to miss.
While I'm still standing at the exit.
I'm still standing at, the exit.

As I sing those last two lines, Harry adds some "oh-oh's" to the end of them. I motion for Harry to stop playing, and he stays quiet as I scribble some stuff on paper, trying to figure out what I want. When I think I'm ready, I nod my head for Harry to start up again, and he does just that without hesitation.