7

I don't know what I did to deserve this sick game that God seems to be playing with me

I don't know what I did to deserve this sick game that God seems to be playing with me. From the moment I walked on stage, I was constantly fighting the urge to stare at Reyna all night. She was wearing a thin black dress that hugged her curves and was short enough that it showed a majority of her long legs. Not only was her outfit stunning but it was also hard to keep my eyes off her because of the way she was dancing, smiling, and laughing. Any time I would feel my eyes straying to her, I would remind myself of the way Zayn reacted when we first sang Rock Me. I didn't want to make Zayn upset or betray his trust, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to, at the very least, not look at her.

We were inside a club with strobing lights and everyone seemed to be split up. Zayn and Hailey were standing close to each other, chatting near the bar. Niall and Louis were doing shots not too far off. And Reyna, Jazzy, and Natalia were on the dance floor. Reyna and Jazzy ditched their jackets not too long after they got in here because of the heat, but even then, it didn't help in keeping them cool. Reyna tilts back her head in an attempt to get the hair off her back. It seemingly doesn't work because she gathers her hair up in her hands above her head and dances with a sway of her hips. There is hair stuck to the nape of her neck and I swear I can see the individual beads of sweat rolling down her exposed back. I feel like a creep watching her, and even more of a creep thinking about what other things can have her sweating like that. I shake my head and turn back to the bar, wishing for something with alcohol but not willing to risk it because I rode my bike here. Instead, I get myself a lemonade and try to clear my thoughts by looking anywhere but at Reyna. I catch the eye of a blonde girl who looks very familiar, and she smiles while walking up to me.

"Hey you performed at Elliot's earlier, right?," she says, leaning against the bar next to me, and it clicks in my head that she was apart of the group of girls standing behind Reyna at the bar we performed at before coming here.

I smile, "Harry," I hold out my hand and she takes it with a gentle shake but doesn't let go, "Do I get to know your name?," I ask with a raise to my brow.

"Bailey," she gives me a sultry smile.

I look her up and down and feel guilty for thinking that she would be the perfect distraction from Reyna. But I can still feel guilty and have fun. I let go of her hand and run my fingers gently up her arm, to her shoulder, and let them rest on the side of her neck. I pull her in so my mouth is at the shell of her ear.

"Would you like to dance with me Bailey?," I whisper, a slight rasp to my voice due to the low volume.

She looks up at me through her lashes and gives me a small nod. She turns around to head towards the dance floor, pulling me along with my hand in hers, but we are suddenly stopped when a hand touches my shoulder. I pull Bailey back by her hand to stop her from walking and turn to see Zayn with his hand on my shoulder while his other hand is holding onto Hailey.

"What's up?," I ask Zayn with a furrow to my brow.

"I hate to ask but do you think you can give Reyna a ride home? Jazzy, Niall, and Louis said they would take an Uber together since they live in the same complex and I'm going to give Natalia and Hales a ride home, so Reyna has no one to go with and I don't want her in an Uber alone."