22

I haven't spoken to Reyna since I told her to leave my apartment on Wednesday

Now it's Friday, and I anxiously walk into the recording studio, knowing I'll be seeing her again.

As I walk in, I notice that the only other person in the room is Jeremiah.

"No one else here yet?," I ask as I make my way towards the couch.

Jeremy looks up and gives me a smile in greeting, "Not yet. Have you got anything for me?"

I sigh, throwing my head back to rest against the couch, "I've got a little something."

"Really?," I hear the excitement in his voice.

"I've got the chorus, I need some help with everything else."

"Well come on Styles, let me hear it!"

I chuckle as I get up, grabbing a guitar that was propped up in the corner.

I sit down again and start to strum the guitar to the desired beat. In my head, I envision a nice mix between the bass and guitar with the drums being the main event.

Baby, look what you've done to me
Baby, look what you've done now
Baby, I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way
Ohh, ohh
Baby, look what you've done to me
Baby, you've got me tied down
Baby, I'll never leave if you keep holding me this way

"Are you being held hostage?," Jermey says after I finish singing, "Should I be concerned?"

I laugh as I set the guitar down, "Feels that way."

"How about I help you with the beat and you see what else you can muster up in that head of yours?"

"Sounds good to me," I nod.

Jeremy turns around to face his computer and keyboard. As he starts to mess around with all the buttons and keys I try to think of some lyrics.

I think about how Jermey asked if I was being held hostage and scribble down some words in a notebook.

"Do you like this?," Jeremy asks me.

I look up from the notebook that has many potential lyrics on it to give Jeremiah my undivided attention.

He then presses play on his computer and I bop my head along to the beat that erupts from the speaker.

"Yeah that sounds good," I say as I look down at my notebook again, "Keep it on a loop please."

I cross out some lines that I don't think match the beat then go over the remaining lyrics in my head.

"Okay I think I got something, can you start it over?"

Jeremy starts the track again just as I requested and I start to sing the lyrics that are written down.

Who's that shadow holding me hostage?
I've been here for days
Who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away?
I know they'll be coming to find me soon
But I fear I'm getting used to being held by you