Part 5 Chapter 32 Attack on Duros

Start from the beginning

The explosion added to the panic of the residents of the city of Duros. They looked with great fear at the wyvern base. Even though the distance was quite far, the sound and flames of the explosion were clearly visible throughout the city of Duros. Some residents chose to run away from the city, and some chose to hide in their homes. They hid in the safest place in their house.

.

.

.

Duros Municipal Government Center Building

Even though it was still 5.30 in the morning, all the staff and officials of the city of Duros had gathered at the central government building of the city of Duros due to the Myto Empire's attack. The building was protected by nearly 300 troops and several land dragons. The top officials of Duros city are currently at the office of the governor of Duros, they are preparing to head to the more secure command room, which is underground of the Duros City Central Government Building.

The highest leader in the city is the Governor, who leads not only the city of Duros but the area around the city of Duros. Governor Atnal looked confused at how fast the enemy were advancing. Reports came one after another, and for each report, there was not a single one stating the victory of the Palpadia Empire.

"How about this? The port is no longer guarded. All military assets there have been destroyed. Likewise, the airbase for our wyverns, was completely destroyed. Can we just stay put?" The governor of the city of Duros asked the other leaders.

"We have already notified the Army Large Scale Base, which is outside the city. They were trying to get their wyverns flying. However, the few standby wyverns that have been flown out have all been shot down by the enemy." said an aide. "They're trying to get their forces ready to be sent here."

"Have we reported this attack to Esthirant yet?" asked a city official.

"Of course I have. We reported via manacomm as soon as they attacked the port half an hour ago." said another official.

"Look at that!!!!!!" someone said while pointing at the window facing the Army Large Scale Base outside the city of Duros.

Two flashes of light appeared coming from the sky towards the Army Large Scale Base...

---oOo---

Elysia Orbit
Above the Palpadia Empire
CR-90 Corvette 'Lana'

The control room of the Corellian Corvette CR-90 'Lana' was illuminated in red from the current combat alert light.

Captain Manar sat in his chair, preparing to order an orbital bombardment if needed by the central command and flagship 'Brantas'. Yet in his heart, he prayed that the order would never be given.

"We have been given three targets that may need to be destroyed using orbital bombardment, captain." said the communications officer.

"Alright, relay the coordinates to weapon control." Answered Captain Manar. "What is the target of the orbital bombardment?"

"From the coordinates given, it seems that the three targets are the major bases of the Palpadia Empire's armed forces, apparently a combination base where there are forces from the ground and air forces." The sensor officer said after looking at the instrument.

"How many life forms, especially humans, are there in each base?" asked Captain Manar.

"More than 100,000 people, captain." said the sensor officer.

"Make sure we use the lowest setting of our turbolaser, and make sure our shield is operational." Said the captain of Manar.

"Yes, sir." said the tactical officer.