Chapter 100 - Regret

Author Note: Wow! 100 chapters....Never expected to reach this many. It was only meant to be a SHORT story... I guess I was having too much fun writing it... Much love my reviewers, followers (old and new), and votes. You all keep these fingers employed! 😉 THANK YOU!!

As seems to be the standard lately, bit of angst ahead. We ARE getting close to the end people, I PROMISE! About another 10 chapters me thinks. Still a bit to happen to our friends and their little love triangle. Will it remain a triangle or will it become a...... rhombus? Da, da, da!

Hope you stick around....

And now we continue with Prime and OC. Will it go the way you hope? Will Prime get to show Orianna how he feels?

Well let's find out....

Prime P.O.V

Orianna exhaled slowly and looked at the ground near her feet. She would not look at me. After what seemed an age, she at last whispered her admission. ''Because she took you away from me.''

I briefly closed my eyes as a sense of relief and euphoria flooded my systems. The smallest of gasps was torn from my lips at her confession, and her head snapped up sharply to meet my gaze at the sound. A palpable energy wrapped within a deafening silence filled the void between us.

''Is that what you think Orianna?'' my voice rumbled slowly, softly towards her as I took the smallest of steps in her direction, my eyes never leaving hers.

She scoffed as she wrapped her arms around herself and looked away, biting her lower lip. ''Oh, I don't think Optimus, I know she has.'' The wind tossed loose strands of hair about her face, sending them dancing. Her skin seemed to glow under the moonlight and those incredible brown and gold flecked eyes swum with tears as they fixed once more upon me - searching, warning, imploring.

I found myself exhaling a shaky breath as I stared at the woman before me. /So beautiful/. Beautiful in her raw, open, jealous need and pain. Beautiful in the prideful way she held herself together, refusing to utterly fall apart before me. Beautiful for every perfect imperfection she possessed. /Beautiful because she wanted me/.

I watched as her right hand twitched, as if reaching for me only to be stayed at the last moment, playing with the charm on her bracelet. Despite the hurt and pain of the woman that stood before me, a small smile spread across my lips as I chanced another step towards her, slowly closing the distance between us.

Before me Orianna frowned at my expression, no doubt annoyed by my reaction. She did not know I smiled because Olivia had been right in her observations and assumptions that day at the firing range. It would appear my Orianna never stopped loving me, she just thought I could never love her in return.

/How wrong she was! How wrong I was!/.

''Orianna.'' I almost whispered her name as I shook my head. ''In regard to Miss Winters and me, what you think and what is, are two very different things.''

She scowled at me, quickly swiping at a tear that tracked silently down her cheek. ''Don't patronize me Optimus!'' her words were harsh as a strange, painful grin spread across her lips and she raised a hand before her to point accusingly at me. ''I SAW you both together tonight at the restaurant. Don't tell ME...''

''You didn't give me a chance to TELL you anything Orianna!'' I interjected perhaps more tersely than I had intended as I took another small step towards her. ''To explain..''

''What's to explain Optimus?'' Exasperation permeated her tone as she took a step back away from me. Shaking her head, she began pacing back and forth in agitation. ''I told you I loved you and you turned me down because YOU told me a human and a Transformer should NOT have such feelings towards each other.'' She paused briefly almost expecting me to interrupt.