Chapter 80: A Perfect Night

Author's Note: This chapter takes place about a fortnight after Orianna, Lennox and Prime have their ''chats''.

Orianna and Lennox have been settling into their relationship and this new dimension between them. It is assumed Prime has interacted with them as a couple and they with him on various occasions, but I am just trying to fast forward the story and didn't want to drag out the chapters.

/denotes internal thoughts/

/''denotes recalled conversations''/

Orianna P.O.V

''Cheers gorgeous!'' Lennox raised a glass to me across the table. ''You look stunning!'' His eyes roamed appreciatively over the figure-hugging floral-print dress I was wearing before giving me a little wink.

I chuckled at his enthusiastic assessment and clinked my glass with his. ''Why thank you babe. You look pretty damn gorgeous yourself.'' And he did. A slightly unbuttoned white linen shirt, showing an expanse of tanned skin, and some beige-coloured cargo pant shorts was a refreshing change from seeing him in his N.E.S.T uniform. /Although he looked hot in that too/.

I reciprocated by allowing my eye to wander over his fine masculine form, before taking my straw in my mouth and sucking on it suggestively as I held his gaze.

Lennox coughed and sputtered as he took a sip of his drink. ''So, OC,'' he placed the drink back on the table and shifted somewhat uncomfortably on his seat.

''Hhhmm?'' I placed my drink back down and smiled innocently at him.

''I've been hanging out to come to Jake's Place and have a burger with you since that night you surprised me with dinner at work.'' He smiled brightly at me.

''Have you now Lennox?'' I was genuinely surprised he had not been here since then. ''You don't get out often, do you?'' I teased.

He threw me a dark look. ''You know the crazy hours I work. By the time dinner rolls around I usually just see whatever is left over in the mess or have my ''lonely man'' frozen meal when I get home – if it isn't a ridiculous hour.''

''Aww,'' I pouted and reached out towards him, and he placed his hand in mine. ''Poor Lennox. Are you fishing for sympathy?'' I grinned at him.

''I could be." He rubbed my hand with his thumb. ''Depends on what it might earn me I guess?'' He leaned forward and raised a suggestive brow at me.

Laughing out loud, I brought his hand to my lips and kissed it. ''Let's see. At this stage the only thing it will get you is a sound teasing. At best, maybe cooking lessons?'' I released his hand and sat back in my chair, taking another sip of Pepsi Max.

Lennox sighed in mock disappointment before a wicked gleam shone in his eyes. ''Hmm? OC wearing nothing but a skimpy black, low-cut apron. Her long locks flowing over her barely restrained breasts as she gets all hot and sweaty in the kitchen with me...''

It was my turn to sputter as I drank.

He leaned back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. ''Now that I would very much look forward to!''

''Really? An apron Lennox?'' I rolled my eyes at him even as I felt a heat rising in my cheeks at the image he had suggested. ''That does it for you?''

He threw his head back and laughed heartily as he reached forward and popped the last crab cake in his mouth. ''Yep! Apron, potato sack – nothing!''

''Lennox!'' I growled at him as I folded my arms across my chest, trying to look unimpressed. However, truth be told I was enjoying the banter and the flirting.