Chapter 28

The second stage begins...

the group stopped hearing a little boy cries "my Grandpa he's crushed under there"the boy cried out.

"That's terrible" Midoriya exclaimed in panic Rochelle closed her eyes to constrain the movements of the old man the sound of a heart from under a mountain of rubble far left of where they were standing.

"Aren't you a hero? The boy cried Rochelle opened her eyes before smiling "do you feel pain when you move at all? Rochelle asked softly "yes but my grandfather" the boy wailed.

"Deku stay with the boy while I'll get his grandfather" Rochelle instructed not seeing Midoriya's surprised face.

Rochelle went through a thin layer of rubble and found the old man "laying in pain"  "hello mister can you hear or see me" Rochelle softly asked, "my grandson where my grandson? The old man asked, "it's okay he is with another hero there waiting close by". Rochelle picked up the old man before disappearing and reappearing In front of Midoriya and the grandson.

"Granpa" the boy called out  Rochelle carried the older to the set-up makeshift healing center "excuse me but neither of them has concussions but possibly other minor injuries," Rochelle told someone who was aiding the injured as she brings the old man over to Deku behind her with the little boy.

Suddenly an explosion went off so a villain and an evacuation Rochelle thought quickly standing up before going g towards the source.

Shindou went to take care of the villain but was attacked by the pro-hero gang orca Rochelle quickly scouted the area and found an injured child in the hands of one of gang Orca's goons Rochelle shadow hopped before kicking the guy on the back making him drop the child going back to the healing team.

Her ears started picking up an argument between Todoroki and Inasa as the argument grew so did their quirks Midoriya picked up an unconscious Shindou before Todoroki fired and Inasa's wind could hurt him  "what the hell are you doing? Midoriya yelled at them.

Rochelle approached them "our past actions and blood doesn't define us! Rochelle shouted getting the attention of the boys "so ignore those shitty people and move on to prove them wrong" Rochelle shouted throwing a kick towards Gang Orca Todoroki activated his fire while Inasa used his wind.

The goons were going to help Gang Orca their boss but Rochelle's shadow traveled to the goons and started taking them down with Midoriya's "double-sided cube" Rochelle muttered a cube made of shadows surrounding the goons locking them in a cube.

Rochelle's shadow traveled again before shifting the shadows towards her right leg throwing a strong kick to his back before jumping back ready to attack again.
A noise rang "if I could have your attention please, all the HUC members have been rescued from the disaster".

Midoriya started freaking out between Todoroki and Inasa who was now out of the air but on the ground, both were still trapped by part of Gang Orca's quirk.

She sighed with a light smile looking at both remembering a certain ice mage and fire mage "your idiots what if this was real you wouldn't be much of heroes right? Rochelle commented.

Going over to Todoroki and taping the cement off of his shoulder "does this heart? Rochelle whispered moving his arm before he let out a distressed grunt  "alright" Rochelle murmured taking that as a yes
Before placing her left hand on his shoulder healing it.
Todoroki's eyes widened  "There you go" Rochelle muttered Todoroki started moving his shoulder in surprise that his shoulder was completely okay not even an ache.

Rochelle walked over to Insa and did the same thing except healing his arm and then removing the cement "are you okay? Rochelle asked Insa only nodded Rochelle sighed.

"The names of those who passed the examination will be displayed here in alphabetical order" the instructor explained the screen lit up Rochelle started looking through the list and found her name before looking for Midoryia's and the rest of the class Bakugou and Todoroki's name was not on the list.

Rochelle figured this was the outcome before turning to Todoroki who was staring at the board with a blank face  "Todoroki! Inasa yelled walking overlooking very angrily before doing another weird bow and hitting his head on the ground "I'm sorry, you failed to pass it was all my fault my lack of heart is entirely to blame forgive me"Inasa shouted.

  poor Todroki looks taken back "from the very beginning this was the result... you really gave it to me straight back there and thanks to that there were some important that I came to realize" Todoroki Observed.

everyone was given a piece of paper with their score on it Rochelle received her paper with a hum, "How did you do Ida?

"80 points overall I guess it feels like I wasn't quite able to apply everything I Learned what about you Midoriya"

I got 71 points Rather than my actions themselves it was my conduct before taking action" Midoriya rambled on.

"What did you get? Rochelle just handed Midoriya her paper "eh!!! 98 points"  Midoriya shouted in shock getting the attention of a lot of unwanted attention "it's alright  I guess... I mean I could have done better on my communication and working together but I already know my weaknesses" Rochelle explained calmly.

"And Lastly erm... to all those who were not fortunate enough to pass don't become dejected over losing too many points, there is still a  chance remaining for you all after first attending a special training course in March if you get strong results on your individual test we intend to give all of you provisional licenses as well".  The instructor explained.

"man that's great Todorki" Midoriya exclaimed

"I'll catch up real soon" Todroki replied

Rochelle gave Midoriya a slap on his shoulder "are you crying? Rochelle asked in concern when Midoriya didn't react.

"Deku?  are you crying Uraraka asked "no you see... I kind of well you know" Midoriya panicked

Rochelle's chest felt heavy Rochelle wasn't sure why she started walking away from the pair but only to be stopped by her shadow friend Dark Shadow.

Rochelle couldn't help but laugh as her shadow friend circled around her mumbling about how he did on the exam Tokoyami started to apologize for dark shadows actions but Rochelle just laughed it off.

Midoriya took a picture of his provisional licenses to send to his mom he went to look for Rochelle spotting her talking to Tokoyami a weird feeling washed over him again unsure of why.

   back at the dorms, everyone unwinds from the evening events doing their own things

"hey come outside later it's about your quirk? Bakugou told Midoriya before walking away Rochelle overheard the conversation but knew she should try and stop it but it was only between the two of them.

Rochelle walked outside taking in a deep breath before exhaling sitting down on a pile of grass and staring at the stair the door creeps open Rochelle turned around to see Todroki walking outside "oh sorry" Todrorki mumbled realizing Rochelle was out here, "it's okay" Rochelle whispered going back to looking at the stars.

Todoroki sat beside Rochelle in a peaceful silence both looking at the stars "how do you do it? Todoroki asked to break the silence.

Rochelle hummed in confusion

"knowing what to say and do in any situation? Todoroki rephrase

"that is far from the truth I have always done things alone afraid to get close to anyone and watch those close disappear, I have seen people destroy themselves in darkness"

"I gave up on everything but Fairy Tail saved me and got me back to my feet and showed me something amazing".

"the actions and words I say are from the lesson I learned and what I've experienced" Rochelle soft spoke not once taking her eyes off the stars nor did either say anything else but held a deep understanding.