An Ending Befitting Beasts

Legosi wanted to believe he was freed of his instincts.

    Even before now, he could never justify the notion of eating someone else's flesh. It began with Haru, even if he came close and never ended up doing the deed. He became attracted to her, though it may have started as a predatory urge, it blossomed into something else. He met Alan, who struggled to hide his wolf-side from everyone. It strengthened with The Ghetto, and even more when he confronted The Shishigumi.

However, on that platform with Louis, hearing him plead for him to eat his foot. It felt far crueler than saying he'd die. Laying himself out to the wolf, willingly offering himself to him. His body was so easily influenced by the deer— his words, his actions, his scent. It was enough for him to reawaken his claws and fangs.

And now he stood before Riz, his fur unfurled like fire and his snout soaked in blood.

"You look a lot different, Legosi-kun...", the bear said. "My nose isn't working well since you bent it and all, but it seems the former star actor Louis-senpai came to help you, right?"

A brief twitch came from the human in front of him, but he didn't notice.

"You're desperate, aren't you!", he said with a small laugh. "You actually ate him?! When he tried to help you?!"

Legosi would've responded to him, but he switched his gaze to Alan. He looked frazzled, like he had gone through the wringer. His back rose and fell shakily, small twitches briefly breaking the flow. How did he find out about the fight, though? Gouhin didn't seem like he'd say anything, so maybe Rokume? She was the only one who questioned keeping Alan in the dark.

"Alan-san...", the wolf said.

The human got up, grunting as he turned to look at the wolf with lidded crimson eyes.

"Alan, you—"

"Save it.", he said quietly as he stumbled forward. "Do what you want..."

"W-what?"

"Go ahead.", he moved over to the side. "Fight like the monsters you're meant to be..."

"Alan...", Riz whispered.

"You said it yourself, Riz: I'm not like any of you.", he moved to one of the columns and leaned heavily against it. "You're swayed so easily by your instincts and no matter what you do, you can't escape it. Even BossBuck would agree."

His gaze softened as he looked up at Legosi, "Wouldn't he?"

The wolf's ear twitched, "...he's alive, Alan."

"What?", he perked up at that.

"Louis-senpai's here as we speak...and he's inside me."

Alan stared at him for a moment before snorting, "You're saying that and you look like you're ready to go on a rampage. I'll take your word for it, though, it's not like I can stop you. If you really want to beat each other until you're bloody, then go ahead."

    Legosi couldn't help smiling at him, somewhat glad to see him now. It was more for reassurance, though, as he looked hopeful when he heard Louis was alive. The deer was indeed alive, and nearby with his leg bandaged up. The wolf could feel his body roaring out, screaming at him to finish what he started. He turned to Riz, the bear matching his glare with equal ferocity.

"Go ahead...", he heard Alan whisper louder. "Fight to your heart's content. If you really are monsters, then you better not hold back..."

Legosi clenched his fists.

"Now do it!"

    The two charged, spurred by the human and their own beliefs. Legosi felt more than energized, like he was something entirely different. All through his body, something flowed through him like a forbidden spell— Louis. He'd use it here and now, all of it until it was exhausted from him. The wolf grabbed Riz by the jacket and delivered a hard punch to the face, knocking him back through the fence and out into the moonlight.