Enter The Void

"While you were off doing who-knows-what," Riz said as Legosi stared at him. "a dall sheep lost his life. Whatcha gonna do now, Legosi-kun? Pretty Boy's dead..."

"You're lying...", the wolf muttered as he covered his nose. "You have to be."

"He's inside my stomach."

His eyes narrowed, "You're lying."

    He closed his eyes and threw his head back, taking in all the scents around him. If he was thinking correctly, he'd be able to find the truth. The smell he was looking for was distinct, almost fleeting compared to the others around him. It didn't take him long to pinpoint it: a sweet, almost feminine scent that was paired with blood. He straightened and met Riz's bewildered gaze.

My scent vault is open.

"He's in a dump under a bridge 2 kilometers and 100 meters away from here: And he has a gash in his left arm."

Riz seemed to break completely as he continued, "You came here with some of Pina-kun's blood to provoke me, but it was a waste of time. I have an internal scent vault so I can protect the ones that I want to protect. As for my sense of smell..."

He lowered himself with one hand on the ground, "If I smell a herbivore, my sense of smell increases one-hundred fold..."

Riz's expression crossed completely into malicious excitement. "We're both crazy about herbivores...we're the same."

"Don't bring me to your level."

Two carnivores— burdened by instinct, now stood against one another in darkness. One who committed the ultimate sin against a friend, the other nearly brought to the same act but swayed from it. Both of them tensed as they readied themselves, resigned to whatever happens next. No matter who won or what transpired, their lives would shift considerably.

    Riz lunged for the wolf, making him move back to avoid his grasp. It didn't seem successful, as the bear managed to grab the sides of his jacket. Try as he might, Legosi felt his breath hitching as he felt the back of his jacket and shirt being lifted. He could feel fangs trying to break into him as he grunted.

"Such a hard stomach...", Riz managed. "Your flesh and blood will be enough to purge my loneliness."

Riz's loneliness and my ego..., the wolf thought as he screamed through the pain in his middle. I won't let him eat my ego away!

~~*~~

    Just as Legosi and Riz's fight had begun, in a different place, another battle ended. The Shishigumi are only one criminal group in The Ghetto, leaving others to their own devices. As such, it's inevitable for rival gangs to clash and start turf wars. This is one such situation, a rival gang consisting of wolves being the lions' target. Though briused, they stood victorious in the end.

"Boss, it's a full moon tonight.", Ibuki said with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Ibuki, since when did you start basking under the moonlight?!", a scarred lion asked.

"Shut up, Free...", he gave with a sideways glance. "Just once after a turf war, would you let me relax?"

Louis spoke up, "A full moon, huh? I can't tell if that's good or bad."

"It's definitely good luck! We obliterated those wolf punks!", Free said vibrantly. "It was such a thrill to get those puppies to dig their own graves!"