Righteous Devil

Alan's fist shook in the bear's grasp, "What are you talking about..?"

"What about Legosi?", he repeated. "Would he want you fighting me like this? I know you're close with him, so you'd know how he'd feel about this, right?"

"Then why was he fighting you?"

"He suggested it.", Riz's shoulders relaxed. "He knew I wasn't going to let him go when he knew the truth, so he wanted to settle things here."

"Dumbass...", the human muttered. "And what if you killed him? What if you won— what then? How would you go on after that?"

"I...I don't know. I knew we had a special relationship because of this, and it would stick with me forever. As for where I'd go afterwards...I honestly don't know."

His grip tightened briefly, "But I never wanted you to be involved— Legosi didn't, either. I don't want to lose you...so please."

Alan lowered his head, gazing at his outstretched fist overtaken by the massive hand. The moment he heard Legosi's name he froze up. He knew the wolf was stubborn, but this took the cake. Did he seriously plan on dying without saying anything? Did he think he could win with Gouhin's training? The human couldn't help reflecting on that, knowing what he said to the wolf when this all started.

"If this is what you think is right, fine, but I'm not throwing myself into danger— not again."

"Alan?", Riz asked as his grip loosened.

    The bear wasn't backing down, that much was obvious. If Legosi was stubborn enough, he'd come crawling back to finish things. That left the human here, his anger stagnated and mind at an impasse. Riz lied all the way here— to the Drama Club and to himself until Legosi managed to catch him. All the while, everyone else was blind to it. Alan hated it— both the revelation of who killed Tem and how he was kept in the dark about the fight until it was too late.

"Alan, y-your hands! They're bleeding!"

They were. And he didn't care for the pain.

    His vision slowly turned red, but he paid it no mind. If he could see it, his hair began to stand and bristle. Inside, he was calm— almost too calm. The anger was there, of course, but it was somewhat tempered now. The storm in his mind had collapsed into a single point— one final thought that centered all his emotions. His long-repressed instinct had finally fully awakened, not out of hunger or predatory desire— but rage and contempt. It drove his next action...and the words that escaped his lips now:

"Fuck it."

Using his free fist, he knocked the bear's arm away.

"Alan..?", he asked with wide eyes.

"You say you didn't want to lose me...", he said as he snapped his gaze to him. "But I was lost a long time ago."

    He lunged, throwing a kick into his stomach.  The bear doubled over like before, but avoided the next punch as he moved back. He called out to Alan, wanting his friend to stop but it fell on deaf ears. He kept throwing punches, not letting up once. Each time he missed, he seemed to get angrier. When he did manage a hit, Riz blocked with his arms. The blows weren't that strong, but the rate he was throwing them at was surprising.

"Alan, you need to stop!", he said as he continued to block. "You can't beat me— you know that!"

"Do I?", the human spat venomously. "Or is it just another lie? Better yet, what wasn't a lie?!"

Riz grabbed his arm, "What are you trying to accomplish by fighting me? Legosi's the one who challenged me, not you!"

Alan pushed back against him, "You really think I'll let this go? After everything?! You brought all this pain to everyone— not just the Drama Club, but the whole school!"