Turbulent Claws

"It's just you and me...", the bear said with the same smile he wore every day. "All alone in this little room. Are you scared, Legosi-kun?"

The wolf pulled off his tie as he spoke, "I'm not, but your 'nice bear' act is pissing me off."

His shirt came off next, "Don't call me by my name while you're looking at me like I'm food. It's sickening."

He's clever, Riz would give him that. Even now, he had to give Legosi credit for using his saliva as a way of figuring out he attacked him and killed Tem. Looking at him now, he truly is different from other carnivores. The bear couldn't help looking him over, seeing his lean but still muscled body. It was almost enough to make him drool with anticipation. He grinned at the thought of killing him with no one knowing.

"You know me too well...", he said before a sudden pain entered his head.

The side effects!, he grabbed his head as it throbbed. The honey...the pain is too much to handle.

Riz only managed to pull the bottle out for a second before Legosi knocked it right out of his hand. It hit one of the lockers before dropping to the floor.

"I'm being trained under a doctor, so I know the situation with bears.", Legosi said. "It must be tough, being forced to take drugs."

"I don't care...I'm used to it...", he mustered before the throbbing intensified. "Shit, my damn head..."

The larger carnivore glared at the wolf, "My head...feels like it's about to be split in two..."

"You could never understand it...", he stood slowly. "The stress of taking strength-restraining drugs...and the pain of their side effects."

"That's fine by me...", came the reply. "I prefer the way you look now compared to your usual look. Show me the beast inside you. I'm going to crush you, for Tem!"

As they started towards each other, Riz wondered about something. Carnivores are born to see the world a certain way— to be treated a certain way. It may differ in some circumstances, but it's usually the same. The world doesn't favor them, and they're cursed with loneliness. Look within and there is nothing but a void, a never-ending darkness. Of all the carnivores he'd met, surely Legosi would be able to understand it. He, who always avoided the spotlight and secluded himself, would completely comprehend that.

So why...

Riz raised one of his claws high above him, and time slowed. Legosi's eyes widened for a moment before everything sped up. There was maybe a hint of an impact before the seconds passed, Riz's eyes wide as he found himself crouched with his claw down. He turned his head in time to see Legosi flip himself over from against the lockers. He looked unscathed...

At least until two small gashes burst over the wolf's right eye, blood leaking out.

This was his chance! Riz turned and went straight towards the wolf, slamming him up against the lockers by his neck. Of course, fighting in such a small space would lead to collateral damage— not to mention the possibility of someone hearing the ruckus and wondering what was happening. The bear wasn't dumb, and even with the excitement in his veins he knew better than to outright end it then and there.

"I'm stopping your bleeding temporarily. I know it hurts, but you'll just have to endure it.", he said as he slowly dragged the wolf down the hall. "I won't let anyone get in my way..! It'll be better to go where I won't leave any traces."

No one would find out— not even Alan. They had no stakes in this, only Riz and Legosi. It became apparent ever since that first moment, when the wolf made clear his suspicions. Even after being attacked at night, he didn't stop. It was only a matter of time before the two finally came head-to-head. Now the moment has come, and they have only begun to set the stage.

"So now, we can bleed all we want, huh?", Legosi asked once they reached a shower room.

"The blood will go down the drain...", Riz said as he took off his shirt. "This is a really sturdy room, too."

He looked down at the large claw marks along parts of his fur, "When you eat meat for the first time, you get filled with so much guilt that you'll succumb to self-harm..."

"Talk about a depressing high school life..."

"I'm gonna take back my adolescence!", he said as he slammed a claw down to the wolf. It didn't hit, however, leaving a hand-shaped hole in place of him.

"Sure, enjoy your adolescence..."

Before he could turn his head fully, the wolf was on top of him from behind, his claws deftly reaching for the scars.

"Just let me open your old wounds...", and then they moved.

The pain blindsided him, blood bursting out. Of course, they didn't phase him at all. Compared to the headaches and stress of restraining himself, they were nothing. Still, that doesn't mean it didn't offend him in a way. He grabbed Legosi, pulling him off and down to the floor in rage.

"These aren't old wounds! They're precious memories, proof of my bond with Tem!", he roared. "The only way I can break that special wall is by eating herbivores!"

"The only way you can break that special wall...", Legosi said after a moment. "Is through love. That's the truth."

~~*~~

A.N: Here's a little tip from me— time skips SUCK! (Not always)

Anyway, I may have made a teeny-tiny error of judgement when looking through the next manga chapters. As infuriatingly dumb as it is, it gives me A LOT of free reign— no manga chapters to follow for now, thankfully. Even then, I made a little tweak to the original script of the gap between this fight and the final one between Legosi and Riz.

Meaning? I can put whatever I want! Within reason, of course.