Chapter 42: Remind Me Please!

The previous day...
Amrita's POV
I told my husband I must meet the man who bought our house with a million dollars over asking price! A million dollars! He reluctantly agreed to bring me to this meeting. He told me not to make it weird. He mentioned it's a young man. I want to meet this rich young man who we are entrusting our thirty five year old home to!

"I'm back. Sorry that took too long!" I froze when I set my eyes on the young man. It cannot be him! I know him! I know this young man! It's Chuck! It's Gayatri's Chuck!

"My dear, this is Chris," Chris? Not Chuck? I'll play along. "...the man who has bought our house. Chris, this is my wife."

He stood up to shake my hand.

I can't believe this!

He's even more handsome in person! The colour of his eyes in the picture were brown! Now I see an enchanting green! The smile is exactly as Gayatri described! He's a handsome man! Wait! He's rich! If he's buying our house, he's rich! Wait, how is he the one buying our house? Is it a coincidence?

"Chris... you made such a generous offer on our imperfect house. Why?" I asked him.

"Well Mrs Varma, as I explained to your husband, I fell in love with the house."

No! He fell in love with my little girl, Gayatri. This is not about the house! Why would he want an old suburban house in India? It's Gayatri. He just spent all that money to prove something here!

"I was just asking Chris if he's going to live in the house. He says it depends on the woman he plans to marry." My husband informed me.

He plans to marry her! I can already see the red silk in use! Will it be in India or the US?

"You plan to marry her?" I can't make it obvious for Raj. "I mean you plan to marry?"

"Yes. I plan to marry her." He answered. He must get what I'm asking. "If she wants to live in the house then I plan to stay in India."

No way! Why is my daughter breaking up with this man? She should be viciously pushing for a wedding!

"That's... thoughtful. Buying her a house with so many memories... I mean sentiment. Don't mind me! I'm emotional! Let's order. Allow me to order for you. I know the best thing to order."

Gayatri mentioned something in this menu that she used to make for him when they were living together. I can't help but steal glances of the handsome young man. He's pleasant. He's respectful. He looks kind. He's everything she said and even more!

The waiter brought some sweet tea for us and for him, spicy tea with cinnamon rolls. He smiled fondly. It is what she used to make him. He must remember and he must be fond of that memory.

"Do you plan to have children? The house is perfect for that! It's enough room for about five. We have five and it worked out great!"

"Amrita, he already bought the house, he has paid for it. Stop trying to convince him. You are meddling in his personal affairs."

His personal affairs are my business now that I know he's been with my daughter!

"I'm not meddling! These young people need good advice. I'm offering it free of charge! I'm a psychiatrist." I informed him. "As I was saying-"

"Amrita."

"It's all right sir. I don't mind answering her questions." 

I love this boy already!

"How many children are you thinking?" I continued. Gayatri talks about children. It doesn't hurt to know his plans! I want to know how compatible they are!