Chapter 41: I know Him!

Chuck's POV
I threw in an extra amount of cash to rush the purchase of the house. I know I can't be here long and my plans need to work before Gayatri's father finds out who I really am to his daughter. I now own her home. The plan is to regift it to her. These grand gestures may or may not mean anything to her but I'm committed to trying.

Later on today,I'm meeting with her father to finalize the sale.

This thing with Gayatri has had me here for a week now. The only conversation we have had is the awkward one. My surveillance team still watches her. Roshan is still around, still making moves on her. No more kissing has happened between them; at least not in the pictures. Still I can't help wonder if they have done something more.

The milestones I can happily check off is that I have met her father. I now know what to expect when I officially introduce myself. I'm in between two decisions. To attempt to fix things with her or go straight to her father. What's the best plan of action?

Abby is calling me. Today, I'll answer.

"Finally." Abigail sighed. I have been ghosting her. Phinney has also tried to call me but with her I'm not even making an exception. I'm done. "Chuck, are you all right?"

"Yeah."

"I know you are upset with me. I'm so sorry for how everything played out. If we can just put it behind us-"

"Let's do that." I agreed. "Abby, it was my lie. You had no business shouldering any responsibility for it. I dragged you into it and I'm the one who owes you an apology. Abby I'm sorry I strained our friendship."

"Thank you Chuck. I'm so happy we are back together. Chuck, how is Gayatri?"

"I don't know."

"Don't you want to know?"

"We had an awkward conversation. That was it. It wasn't enough to tell if she's okay. Before that she's been ignoring me. I don't think she cares about me."

"She does. She has been asking me to check on you. That's why I call so much. She just doesn't know how to talk to you after what happened."

"She asks about me?"

"Every other day. She loves you Chuck. You two hit a rough patch, that's all. She loves you still."

"Can you do me a favor and ask about Roshan?"

"Roshan? Who is that?"

"A guy she's kissing."

"Kissing?"

"Ask Abby. If I ask then she will know I have been spying on her."

That's why I was a little stiff when she called. I wanted to lash out. I wanted to express my rage over her replacing me so fast but I held back and chose to not react to anything. Not yet anyway.

"Chuck! Don't do that! It's not cool!"

"I know. But what do I do when she's been ghosting me? What do I do? Abby I'm losing my mind over here!"

"I dint understand what you are going through. This is specifically why I don't do relationships! Anyway, I will give you middle ground. She told me she's feeling down because they had to sell their home. Maybe you could check on her and comfort her. It could be the ice breaker. I have to go. I love you and do not do stupid things Chuck!"

She hanged up.

I was spot on when I bought the house. It will certainly make an excellent peace offering. I know material things won't make her take me back but it's the gesture that counts, right? The thought that matters.