Chapter 37: A Prisoner!

Gayatri's POV
St Patrick...

Charles Christopher St Patrick.

Chuck.

I have been pacing around like a caged beast. I am tired. I am seated on the bed, fighting the need to fall asleep. I have been here since noon. Six hours later with the sun kissing the horizon goodbye, I'm very much alone.

They brought me down through the roof access. No one was around to hear me protest my abduction. Hey brought me to this bedroom and they took my belongings. They disconnected tbe phone and locked the door. If we weren't so high up in the sky, I would jump out of the window.

"He has green eyes." I whispered. The prettiest green eyes! I can't believe that for months I never knew he wore contacts! I can't believe it! I have lived a lie!

On the upside, some things make sense. Lake Tahoe and the first class flights make sense. The diamond jewelry make sense. He is a billionaire. He can afford it, no sweat.

I paid attention when the lock turned. I hoped to see Chuck but instead it is just one of his bodyguards. He is carrying a tray. I recognize the food packaging. It's the food from the Italian place we love. He knows me so well but eating this food will be telling him that I forgive him.

"You do know this is kidnapping and I'll go to the police!"

"I'm so scared." The man shrugged. "I don't see how you will get the boss arrested."

"I'm not going to report Chuck. I'm going to report you! You're the one who carried me out of there!"

"I was taking orders."

"Your best shot is to let me leave."

"Your best move would be silence. Eat." He walked out. The lock clicked in place.

The food smells amazing and I'm hungry but no! I will not eat. I looked away from it, focusing on the city stretched out in front of me. When us he getting here? We have to settle matters! Phinney and Beverly are a big deal!

When I told him it was over, I surprised by myself. I don't want it to end. The words just came out of me suddenly. I love him so much I'm just going crazy thinking we are about to hit a brick wall and neither one of us will survive the impact.

Ending it with Chuck will make me die from a broken heart. This man is amazing! He's thoughtful. He's kind. He's generous. Why can't I overlook the lies and just carry on? Because honesty is a big deal to me. I can't trust s man who lies to me.

I can probably overlook his lie about being an ordinary guy when he's obviously an heir to a rich family. But I cannot overlook Phinney and Beverly.

The lock clicked again.

This time, the door was pushed wide open and the bodyguard walked away. I peeked through the well lit hallway. I took one step after any, making my way to the open living space. Chuck is here.

"Now we can talk." He spoke to me. I looked around. This penthouse is beautiful. I got closer to him, trying to think of every good moment we have shared but I cannot forget the lies. "Have you eaten?"

"No. I'm not hungry."

"Do you wanted to sit down?"

"No."

"Fine. Let's talk. What's happening here?"

"You tell me Chuck! You are the one that had me abducted by your goons! What is this? What do you expect will happen here? Will you lock me up and throw away the key?"

I hate that he is calm and I'm blowing my top off. He sat down on an armchair, his head falling back. I gave it a moment before he looked at me. I can't get over his green eyes. They are almost hypnotizing.