13: Missing Chuck

Gayatri's POV
"Abby, I don't know what to say. This dress is... Can I hug you?"

"I love hugs." She agreed. "We should take a photo together. Beverly will just die!"

"Hold on. I'll get my phone-'"

"No silly! The paparazzi kind! We are showing up in magazines! Come on!"

She dragged me to the red carpet. We posed next to each other. The floral dress I'm wearing is from one if the many high end stores we were going through yesterday. She's a natural in front of the camera. Effortless. I guess her while life has been a training to every other moment in front of cameras. They are calling out her name. She's holding my hand, making sure I'm part of the moment.

Once we were done, we moved on. "That was fun!"

"So fun! By the way, we should find Chuck so that you two can get photographed together! It just takes a photograph to start the talk about you two being together. Then all you have to do is live the rumours."

"Is it strange that my downstairs neighbor is called Chuck?" I asked her.

"Seriously? It is a common name. So..." She shrugged. "But it can't be the same Chuck because my Chuck lives in the Hamptons. He's also in the army."

"Army?"

"He has the prettiest green eyes in the world!" She exclaimed. "If we weren't somewhat related, I would be all over him!"

"How are you related?"

"Uh..." She scratched her head. "My father's half brother is married to Ella. Ella's brother was married to Chuck's eldest sister."

I frowned. "I don't see any blood relationship in that."

"It's just awkward. So I wouldn't cross that line. Can you wait here? I need to talk to my father." She hurried across the lawn.

I gazed into the ballroom. It looks like a fairytale. I want to explore but I feel timid.

"Guess who just hit the red carpet!" My mother twirled in a jaw dropping emerald gown. "Me! And your dad of course but still! You got us to the red carpet!"

"Daughter." My father kissed my forehead.

"Where is this Abigail Harrington? I have to meet her!"

I pointed to the two walking towards us. It's Abby and her mother.

"How do I look? I'm about to meet billionaires." My mother asked me.

"You look gorgeous." I assured her. "Abby these are my parents."

"I'm Amrita. This is Raj. We are her parents." She wrapped her arms around me possessively.

"It's lovely to meet you!" Abby gave them her biggest warmest smile. "This is my mother Mina." They exchanged hugs. Her mother is beautiful. "That guy over there is Sebastian Harrington, my father."

"Maybe we will get to meet him later. Otherwise it's a pleasure Abigail and thank you for keeping my-"

"Our." My mother interrupted him.

"Our little girl company." He chuckled.

"She's a great friend!"

"Would you two like to meet some people?" Her mother asked my parents.

Of course they would love to!

They left with Abby's mom.

"Chuck just texted. He says he has army duties at the base. He won't make it. Sorry." She cringed. "I really wanted this to happen! He's such a sweetheart! You are such a sweetheart! It can't get any sweeter."