Chapter 39: Jealous Ex boyfriend Part 1

Chuck's POV
"... it's a big account... Mr St Patrick? Sir? Are you with us?"

My attention abruptly shifted from Gayatri to one of the men in the board of directors. I turned to Jean who quickly shared her notes.

"Let's take a break and resume in half an hour." I took her notes with me.

My mind is solely dedicated to thinking about Gayatri. I can't seem to focus on work or anything else happening around me.

It's been ten weeks since I told her I'm okay with giving her space. How long does it take before this space thong is over? ten weeks is a long time!

I dropped the notebook on the table.

"You seem really out of it." Alexander noted.

He is in the board of directors. The Christos Foundation owns a chunk of the St Patrick Group.

"I'm having an off day."

"Your mind has been on vacation for the last two months." He took a seat. "As your favorite BIL, I'm here to solve your problems."

He is my favorite brother in law. I took a seat. "I am not sure it can be solved."

"A problem half shared-"

"No. Not this kind. Girl trouble."

"Gayatri?"

"Yes. She said she needs space. How long is space supposed to take?"

"In my opinion, space is the appetizer for a break up. How long has the space been?"

"Ten weeks."

"Okay... I dint think she's getting back together with you. Dude, what did you do?"

"I lied."

"Ah! It finally caught up with you. Did you cheat on her?"

"No. I wouldn't do that to her."

"Then she must be really upset about the lie. Ten weeks... A whole two months! Where is she? Are you at least talking about the problem?"

I sighed deeply. I'm distraught mostly because she doesn't respond to anything I have to say.

"She doesn't answer my calls and she doesn't text back. I haven't seen her in ten weeks." Except in photographs because I have surveillance on her.

She's in India.

The next day after she asked for space, I went to the apartment to get a few things. She didn't speak to me or even look at me. I didn't push. But the silence persisted until one day I dropped in and she was gone. I almost lost my mind trying to reach her. But eventually, I decide to let my resources work for me. I sent a surveillance team to South India, a place called Bangalore. That's where she is. So far, I don't like what they are reporting.

She's with someone else.

The photographs are driving me closer to insanity every day. I can't stand it. When I first made love to her, being her first was special to me! I felt a strong connection I knew would never be shared with anyone.

"That's really bad Chuck. Are you going to cut the rope or will you wait?"

I'm thinking of going to Bangalore. I need to know if we are really over. I would also like to fight for her love.

"I'm going to go to India. I have to talk to her."

"Chuck, is it really the right time for you to be travelling? The board is looking to remove you. You are physically present but mentally absent. You don't want to be here."