21) blood

Not edited:

The next morning we were sitting in the living room. Damon wasnt here but Stefan, Elena, and Elijah where.I was still slightly asleep while they talked and had my elbow on the arm of the couch and my hand supporting my head.

"Tonight is a full moon" Elijah said. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse"

"Elena said that the sun and moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus" Stefan said.

"Klaus is vampire born of a werewolf bloodline" Elijah said. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid"

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon said as he walked into the room. Finally! Damons here! He sat next to me on the couch which made me lean against the back of the couch more and take my head off my hand, crossing my arms. "We can kill him today. With Bonnie"

"Damon" Stefan warned.

"No. Bonnie cant use that much power without dying" Elena said.

"I'll write her a great eulogy" Damon said.

"It's not an option, Damon" Elena said.

"Then enlighten us in how we will do it" i said. Everyone went quiet as everyone glared at each other. Then Stefan spoke up.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked.

"The ritual is straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know" Elijah said.

"The moonstone" Stefan said.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each" Elijah finished.

"Where do i get into it?" Elena asked.

"The final part of the ritual" Elijah said while walking to a table and picking up a box. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger to the point of your death"

Everyone cringed at that and Stefan put a hand over his head as if regretting this and he took Elena's hand with the other.

"And that's where you come in" Elena said. Elijah opened the box while he spoke next and took out a glass bottle that looked old.

"This is an elixir that i acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation" Elijah said.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asked.

"And then you wont" Elijah said.

"Thats your plan?" Damon asked. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date?"

"I still wanna know how i get out of dying" i said. "And besides, why not use Johns ring for Elena?"

"Those rings only work on humans. A doppelganger is a supernatural occurrence" Elijah said "Odds are the ring wont work"

"I'd take those odds over your elixir" Damon said. "What if it doesnt work Elena?"

"Then i guess I'll just be dead" Elena said.

"She says calmly" i mumbled under my breath.

"Wha-?" Damon said then looked at Stefan for help. He just looked down and i rolled my eyes.

"I know i am changing the subject but how will i live? I mean, we know how Elena's getting out, Bonnies getting out, but how will i get out?"

"They could use another vampire" Elena said.