18) Seriously?

Not edited:

I woke up the next morning to the sound of loud footsteps. I rolled my eyes and got changed at vamp speed before hurrying down to the Salvatore brothers.

"Whats the noise?" i asked appearing next to Damon.

"Isobel just showed up at your front doorstep" Stefan said.

"Honestly why be surprised anymore" i said following them down the stairs. "Whats she doing here?"

"Thats what I'm gonna go find out" Stefan said.

"I wanna join, i need to get home anyway. A free ride wouldnt hurt" i said and we came to the bottom of the stairs and turned a corner to see Kathrine. I groaned slightly by seeing her.

"I dont think you should tell her I'm here" Kathrine said.

"Why? You scared?" i asked.

"I'm not scared. It's better if she and John not know i stayed in town after i got out" Kathrine said.

"Your the one in cahoots with them. You made a deal with Kohn" Damon said.

"I did what i had to do to get out of the tomb" Kathrine said. "Now I'm reconsidering my alliance"

"What do you know?" Stefan said as she went to walk away.

"I know that i want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on Team You" Kathrine said. "Besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with Elena again...-"

"I'm here" i said.

"What if you werent" Kathrine said and i frowned slightly "The less people that know I'm here the better. Think about it Stefan. Come on. Be smart"

Stefan turned to Damon.

"Tell you what, why don you call Alaric, and let him know that his wife just showed up on his girlfriends doorstep?" Stefans said.

"And me and Stefan will go check on the family" i said and Stefan nodded before we both left, leaving Damon to fend for himself.

When at the house i got a call from Caroline.

"Uh, can you go in? I need to take this" i said and Stefan nodded. "Tell Elena my best"

"I will" he said and walked in.

"Hey Caro-" i said but she interrupted.

"Mat knows! He knows!" she said and my eyes widened.

"What?" i asked.

"I cant fine him anywhere. He's not at home, he's not answering his phone" Caroline said.

"How did he get away?" i asked.

"My mom walked in, he just took off"

"This is bad. Like, really bad" i said.

"I know, i didnt know what to do!"

"Did your mom hear anything?" i asked.

"No, she just thinks we were fighting. But, he knows about me and he was freaking out about Vicki"

"All right. Listen. I'll help you find him, Stefan can take care of Elena" i said walking towards my car. "We need to find him, calm him down, compel him if we have to. Is he still on the vervain?"

"I slip it into his soda when hes at work. But i didnt get to last night, its out of his system. He has a catering shift at the Lockwoods today! We can try there"

"Great, I'll look at the grill" i said starting my engine. She then hung up and i called Stefan while driving and set the phone on my lap "Ok, so, there may or may not have been an....... incident"