Chapter 23: "As you sow, so you shall reap"

Zacznij od początku

"And he took the money and left you with nothing, so you had no choice but to come here. You took money from Trist and Danny just in case," I say.

"I'm not a saint, I never was but I did want to see Trist, he is the only one I have. The only one, and I needed money in case you would find out and made me leave him again!"

Some things will never change I think as I look at her moods of a small child, always thinking that she is the one pitiful in all the mess she created herself.

"What are you going to do to me? I have no wolf now and..."

"And yet you were banished and coming back after being banished should lead to your execution," I say seeing the fear on her face.

"You won't let Natasha kill me, what about your wolf, what about Trist? You are not cruel!" she shouts after me when I leave the dungeon.

But she is right, I'm not cruel and it doesn't matter how much I hate or don't care about her now. Trist will ask about her, he will want to know what happens with her. She nailed it when she made sure to first gain his affection and later made herself known. 

So her wolf is dead, that would explain Drake's total indifference towards her now, half of our mate is gone, the good one. I stop to think for a moment about Madison's wolf, I feel sadness because I loved her, Drake loved her. Just like we loved Madison. But then we stopped loving Madison but we didn't stop loving her wolf. Maybe that's why Drake started coming back to me because he has finally accepted the broken bond between us?

Natasha is waiting for me in front of the dungeon, she doesn't look happy.

"Danny has broken my order and left the pack this afternoon, nobody knows where he has left."

My blood runs cold as I hear it.

Danny POV

I didn't think too much when Terry called and asked for help. I also can't blame him for deciding to take such a big risk. He has girls under his protection, there is no pack to help him, so he must be prepared. I didn't think at all about what I would tell later to my pack, I completely ignored the fact that I was forbidden to leave out territory.

I understood what I have done when my phone started calling, I didn't pick up and turned it off. I will have to think about what I will tell them, but that's the task for another time.

The long drive to the place, where he and Pearl are right now, is giving me time to think about what happened between me and Drake this night. Just like I thought Julius hasn't remembered what we had done. I try to convince myself that it's better that way, that Julius will not know and we can keep going, we can be friends. But my heart is broken, I can't lie to myself, I love him so much, I want to be in his arms again, feel his lips all over my body.

And yet I know I will never be free from Brandon. True mates after marking can never be separated, no matter what, it may kill them both. Julius managed to reject Madison and almost died because of it, but they have never been marked.

I touch my mark with my fingers, it's itching since that night, I wonder why? I wonder if Bruce has felt what I did, even so far away from here.

Checking my localization I know that I'm close, I was thinking about Julius for the last few hours, it's time to get some focus and start thinking about here and now.

The warehouse, located in an isolated area in a different state, gives vibes of uncertainty and fear. I step out of the car, but it seems that no one is around. I gulp trying to compose myself I don't feel well around here, and I want to leave as quickly as possible.