Chapter 39

Racheal nervously walked up the steps of her family home and pushed the bell, her heart pounding in her chest. She had been waiting for this day for a long time, and now she was finally home with someone special by her side. Samar had been her rock in the months since she had met him. He had been there for her through thick and thin, and now she was introducing him to her family. She had already told her mom and dad about Samar and they were overjoyed.
Liza opened the front door and greeted Samar warmly.Racheal's father was waiting at the top of the stairs with open arms. On seeing Samar, he walked down slowly to greet him.Her mother embraced Racheal  tightly, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks.  Racheal's father shook Samar's hand firmly and welcomed him into the family.
Alia, Racheal's four year old daughter, had been eagerly waiting for her mother's return. When she saw Samar, her face lit up with a huge smile. "Alia, this is Samar." Racheal introduced hesitantly. Not sure how she would take it. Alia ran up to him and hugged him tightly, already considering him a member of the family.
"Hello..Alia.." Samar greeted cheerfully and scooped her into his arms.Everyone seemed to be comfortable around Samar. Racheal accompanied her mom to the kitchen as Samar and her dad discussed his illness.
After a light appetizer, the family sat down for lunch together, the conversation was light and happy. Samar was a hit with Racheal's parents, and Alia was already planning their next play date. The lunch was delicious, but that was not the reason everyone was so happy. It seemed that Racheal was finally home.Her mother beamed with joy. Her dad seemed relaxed and at ease.