Chapter 28

She shook her head and walked faster as if a ghost was following her. She ran up the stairs and headed straight for her daughter's room. At moments like this, she hated herself more than she hated him. She hated herself for not being able to see through his superficial self.She deliberately slammed the door on his face when she sensed him following her.

Being his unashamed self, he slammed the door open and walked in with his face red with fury. "What was that that for?" He yelled banging the door shut behind him. Racheal didn't turn to look at him. Instead, she sat on the bed with her back turned towards him and kissed Alia, ignoring him deliberately. Alia giggled in glee and kissed her mother, wetting her whole face with spit. It was what she loved doing for some unknown reason and Racheal never bothered to wipe her daughter's sloppy kisses because Alia kept repeating it until Racheal gave in. It was a practice which spelt immense love for her mother.

Kids usually have weird ways of exhibiting their emotions and affections.And Racheal loved each and every little gesture Alia practiced. She clapped in glee and jumped, shaking the whole bed as Racheal cringed her face pretending to get angry. Alia was a normal four year old who thrived when she was showered with attention. Alia finally threw herself on her mother and planted a big, sloppy kiss on her mother's face before wiping her mother's face with her tiny palms, intentionally smudging the lipstick and mascara all over her Racheal's face. Racheal smile with the tears spilling from her eyes spoke a thousand words of the relationship the duo shared.

"Racheal..." Alex yelled impatiently.
"What...?" She blurted out without turning to face him. She couldn't hide the rage and frustrations she had been suppressing.

"Didn't you hear me ?" He yelled as he walked closer to the bed, with his both palms resting on his hips. He stopped abruptly, broadening his shoulders as he glared at his wife. Racheal wasn't sacred of Alex any more for some unknown reasons. She had let go of the fear that they might get divorced. Infact, she pitied him, his arrogance, his stupid hollow ego and his characterless personality. She faced him and thought what a waste he was. A beautiful creation of God gone wrong. He looked absolutely stunning yet the characters he exhibited had darkened his personality so much so that he looked like a hollow illusion with no depth.

Her fury disappeared as she looked at his expressionless, ice cold face. He was a narcissist. He had turned into a plastic statue more than a human. She felt sorry for him and thought he needed treatment. Her fury had subsided and he had failed to evoke any emotions in her lately. She smiled, as a wave of euphoria washed over her.

"No I didn't hear you." She looked at him coldly and once again tickled her daughter who clung to her, smiling at her father. She wrapped her arms around her mother's neck and buried her face on her shoulders.

"What is it Alex?" She asked quietly.
"What is wrong with you? Can't you see I'm talking to you?"He shouted at the top of his voice.
"No, I've stopped listening to you long time back....just incase you haven't noticed. As it is you had stopped talking to me a long time back. She replied softly, meeting his eyes without a flinch.
Alia cringed in fear tightening her grip around her mother's neck