Chapter 12

Racheal was tired as it had been a long and hectic week. She wanted to get back to the hotel and rest as soon as the plane landed. But she knew it wasn't possible as they had to go the hospital right away. She waited for the air hostesses to clear the trays and stow the table back into the narrow slit of the seat and sunk deeper into the seat. Hoping to get a few minutes of sleep, she closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. She floated back to sleep but the previous encounter and the a warm sensation floating back into her system jolted her back into the reality. She opened her eyes and tried once more to fall asleep. It was haunting her in a beautiful way.

She loved the feeling that came with it but deep inside, a part of her told her, she was going crazy. She smiled and went into a deep sleep. She wasn't too bothered as she had now realized that there was certain cues the universe was giving her. And the sooner she acknowledged them, the better it was for her to understand what it was. It felt ridiculous like an eighteen year old all over in love again. "It's hilarious .." she thought to herself as she fell asleep.
Her mother nudged her asking her tie the seat belt. She sat up abruptly, trying to collect herself and pulled the seat.

She fastened the seatbelt and tried to sit comfortably as her mother smiled at her feebly. "Slept well?" Her father asked her bending forward to stroke her hands. She nodded smiling happily. She felt like a little girl all over again. It was a beautiful feeling. She didn't know what it was but it felt beautiful. The plane landed in the Indira Gandhi International Airport, they completed all the official formalities and moved past the emigration counter towards the luggage. A cart was already there with two officials from the hospital with them. A smart girl and a young guy dressed in suit holding a ply board with her father's name on it. Racheal's father introduced himself and got into the cart. Racheal was about to head towards the luggage belt but she was told to get into the cart and that everything would be taken care by the staffs of the hospital. Racheal was relieved and got into the cart. As it is, she was dreading the long walk towards the main entrance.

Her mother told preferred to walk to straighten her legs after her flight. She said it was good for the blood circulation. She was worried she'd have to walk all the way with her mother. But mother did get into the cart and rolled her eyes as she she saw Racheal smiling hideously. But she didn't say anything. She smiled slowly as her eyes caught her husband's eyes. It always made Racheal happy to see them so much in love. She looked away and blinked as the face of the man again came up. It was weird. Racheal knew he knew a lot more and that there was something more to the little encounter. The cart pulled slower as they reached the gate. A van was waiting outside. They were taken to the hospital straight away. The hospital was located in a densely populated metropolitan area. It wasn't a pleasing site. She loved Delhi but hated this area as it was the old commercial area. The building were old and cold. The roads were dirty. She preferred the new side of Delhi but she she had no plans to visit there this time as they were here for an entirely different purpose.

She looked at the driver and asked," Can we leave the luggage in the hotel before admitting papa in the hospital? As both of us won't be staying with him." The driver looked at the agent sitting in the front seat who replied instead."Maybe you should go to the hospital Maam. Then after completing the requirements for admission we can drop you at the hotel." She agreed as it seemed more appropriate. It was already afternoon so it was better to wrap up the hospitals formalities.

They had booked a boutique service apartment nearby. The hospital did suggest some apartments for the stay but Racheal was adamant that they get a better place as she and her mother might be taking turns to stay, which meant spending the night and days in a place alone. And it had to be comfortable enough she confessed. The service apartment was infact a rental for such purpose- mostly for families who came for medical purposes.