Chapter 36

The sun had already set and all Samar wanted was a warm bath and a mug of strong coffee. It had been a long day and he couldn't stop thinking about Racheal... or her long dark hair and deep brown eyes that sparkled with life. She had an infectious smile that could light up any room. Thinking about her filled his heart with love and warmth. And his heart ached for her.
Infact he could not stop thinking of her from the first day of check-up. She was nervous, but her gentle voice and kind demeanor could have put anyone at ease. As the visits went on, Samar had found himself drawn to her kind and gentle nature.He felt a connection with her that he had never felt with anyone else before. He ached to see her, hear her voice and touch her.
By the time he reached home, his dinner was ready. After a warm shower he sat for dinner and talked to his mom. His father had passed away three years back. He had no other siblings and he did know that his mom was disturbed due to his divorce.
Samar's wife wanted to migrate to Canada but he was not ready to move. He had a soaring career in the field of medicine and he had an ailing mom who was a Parkinson patient. So the couple had parted on mutual consentment. They had no children hence it was an easy separation.
The bitterness had dissolved in a couple of years. He had been divorced for four years. And he had forgiven and forgotten his ex wife. However he was not ready for another relationship. His mother kept bringing up the topic to his annoyance. She wanted him to settle down.
But the pain and the frustrations of an unsuccessful marriage had stopped him from looking at another woman. He was not ready for love. Fortunately, after meeting Racheal and watching her hide her pent up pain took him back to yesteryears. He related to her condition.
He could understand what she must have been going through. So hugging her when she broke down in his cabin came to him spontaneously. Though he was attracted to her on the first day, he laughed at himself for getting attracted to a patient. It was not normal..he had convinced himself.
But the stars seemed determined enough to get him a new woman who he could connect with on the mental level. He had a demanding career and it was a relief as his busy work schedule kept him away from his personal pain or life.
He was a handsome and successful man. He was sympathetic, kind and generous and devoted to his work. But he believed that falling in love and having a happily married life wasn't in his cards. He scoffed at himself when Racheal managed to stir his emotions.
After dinner he lay on his bed hoping to relax as he had a day off tomorrow. Unfortunately, he couldn't stop thinking about Racheal. Somehow he had managed to note down her number from her file. Unknowingly it seemed he had fallen in love. And he wasn't in denial anymore.
No matter how hard he tried, he was falling in love hopelessly once again.Samar was in an arranged marriage before and he had fallen in love with his wife after the marriage. Sadly it wasn't the case for his wife. She wasn't happy in Nepal or with their married life and wanted to migrate. Unfortunately Samar wasn't ready to move out of Nepal.
He still remembered the day she asked for a divorce. His world had collapsed underneath his feet. His heart he felt was trying to come out of his mouth. He couldn't sleep or eat for days. Big teardrops soaked his pillow as he dozed off thinking of the divorce.
The sun was up and almost over his head when he woke up. The rest of the morning passed slowly. He kept toying with the mobile phone the whole morning. He wanted to call Racheal but he did not dare to do so.His heart ached with frustration as he desperately tried to call his lady love.
Finally he managed to dial her number over and over again, but there's no answer.He feels helpless, knowing that he can't reach her and tell her how much he love her. He just wanted to hear her voice and be able to tell her everything he was feeling. All he could do was hope that she would call him back soon.