Chapter 38

Hurry up Alia, Racheal urged her to comb her hair. "I am sure ma and ba's flight has landed. We need to hurry." " Ta da I am ready. I was ready way ahead before you." Little Alia chuckled and put down the hair brush on the dressing table.
"The  Delhi to Kathmandu flight has landed." Racheal told the driver, looking at the screen over Alia's head. "I wonder how long  the luggage will take." She grumbled and looked at the driver who smiled and nodded.
" Ma ...ma.. is there. I see her.." Alia jumped in glee and tugged on her mother's bag. Liza Gere looked lost as she pushed the cart and her husband, Jeremy Gere walked beside her looking radiant and healthy. Liza was 54 years old and was twenty seven when she delivered. She had met her husband whose age was 62 in a volunteering program in Nepal.
She was twenty two years old.He was a kind young man who befriended her and before long their friendship had blossomed into love. They had been married for twenty nine years and had known each other for thirty two years.  Racheal waved and beaconed her mother.
Liza was twenty seven, when she delivered Racheal and twenty five when she married Jeremy. Her parents weren't very keen to allow their only daughter to marry a foreigner but no one could go against the forces of nature which saw to it that the couple tied the knot.
Little Alia rushed to her grandmother and yelled, "ma....." and grabbed her.The driver took care of the luggage. Soon they were speeding home. Alia's mother looked pale and tired.To her surprise, her father looked fine. He did not look ill.
When they reached home, Racheal rushed in and stopped her parents from entering. She returned with a puja thali and performed a small Hindu culture ritual called arati where tika was applied on her dad's forehead and welcomed home. Her dad patted her lovingly and mumbled,"Thank you." His granddaughter got hold of his hand and led him in.
" So how are things with you and Alex." He inquired as soon as Alia had left for the kitchen with Radha. " I think it will be over soon. Alex had called to inform." She spoke carefully to ensure he wasn't disturbed.
Divorce was a difficult and painful experience,she knew that  it would leave lasting emotional scars. It could be especially difficult for Alia who she worried may feel a sense of loss, confusion, and fear. The process of a divorce was long and drawn out, with her feeling a sense of betrayal and hurt.
The financial strain she worried could be overwhelming, and the stress of the situation  could take its toll on her. The emotional toll could be even greater,she feared, as the couple must come to terms with the fact that their relationship would be ending, and that they would no longer be able to rely on each other for support. It could be a difficult and trying time for all involved, and it could take a long time for the wounds to heal.
Despite all odds, Racheal was finally divorced. It was a daunting affair however Alex cooperated and helped to speed up the divorce.