Chapter 18

It was pulling her apart. So she was desperately searching for the right person she could relate to. No wonder Racheal quietly befriended the little voice inside her which now had a face. A face of a handsome man who belonged to an entirely different world than hers. She smiled. " it's ridiculous." She shook her head trying to get back into reality. The sun had already sunk. And the twilight was her favorite part of the day. The day transcending into the night.

She loved watching the sky changing the colors, the birds flying back to their nests and the clouds in the sky change into deep blue, orange and finally dark grey until it disappeared into the darkness.The little stars twinkling in the sky get brighter and brighter. She always searched for the first star in the sky ever since she was in the hostel to wish. She clasped her hands and wished for her father's health even though she couldn't see any stars in the densely populated city.She even wished that she gets to meet the man she had met in the Airport.

This time she had two wishes. Generally she just thanked the God. She didn't know but she never wished much from the God or anyone. She was just enjoying and living the days one at a time. She wasn't participating in the rat race, she wasn't competing, she wasn't in a hurry to be the best. That was Racheal and she never compromised when it came to her values, morals or beliefs. A quietly stubborn and headstrong woman who didn't give in easily. She sacrificed to keep her friends and families happy but when it came to her beliefs, she stuck to it. She might have stayed quiet and pretended to agree to keep the other person happy. But in the heart of her hearts, she stuck to it. She was stubborn in a different way. She wasn't competing with anyone just herself.

"Excuse me Maam." The waiter stood holding the spaghetti in a white ceramic plate with a wooden container of chili flakes. He placed it on the table and asked Racheal if she wanted the flakes sprinkled on it. " I'll do it myself." She said with a smile. The waiter nodded and placed the container on the table and moved two three steps back and walked away.

Racheal pushed aside the coffee and pulled the plate. With a pair of chopsticks she tasted the spaghetti bolognese and took the container to sprinkle according to her taste. It was delicious but the deep plate had enough portion for two. Like her mother always said she grazed more than eat.

Pushing the plate away she wondered if she should return back to the hospital or return back to the hotel. Her mom answered,"go back to the hotel. There isn't much to do here today. Your father is about to sleep. Go and rest." " Goodnight Mama! I'll come tomorrow." She replied. She ordered an another cup of coffee and looked out of the window. It was already getting darker outside. Cupping her chin with her right hand and leaning on the table, she stared st the vehicles running to and fro. The men and women rushing back and forth. She guessed everyone was going home. A sharp piercing pain dig into her heart as she remembered her crumbling marriage.

She wished she was with someone who saw her for who she is. Someone who she could share the mental wavelength with. She had wished upon the stars to send some one who could save her. She talked to him more than she talked to the real people who was with her. The reason was that she shared a an entirely different point of view. Which generally made her a social outcast at times. So in order avoid confrontations, she kept quiet. But her inside world of her head was a complete mess. She was slowly loosing herself and her sanity. She sipped the coffee and thought if he was the one who had been searching for. It brought chills down her spines as she knew nothing about him.