Chapter 4

"Right now, I don't know if I want to kiss you or shove you off a bridge," Alex thought to himself staring at Racheal who was holding their 9 year old's hand. When it came to Alia both the parents were very possessive and their world revolved around her. But lately things had changed so this was their first vacation in the two years. Alita loved Bangkok mostly for the two obvious reasons- Dreamland and Ocean World.
So it wasn't a surprise that she was walking faster than her mom and dragging her along showing the statues goblins, the fairies and the innumerable statues which had come out straight from her fairytales. Alex's workload was increasing with his growing business but the reasons for his stress wasn't the work. He blamed his wife stress. Secretly he knew it wasn't true but he made it obvious so as to hide his guilt.
He liked to believe that his wife's strange behavior was causing him to lose his sanity. Not that he was worried about her weirdness because that was the first thing which attracted him. Warm feelings washed off all the negativity he had for her. Their eyes met and he could see that she looked tired and older than her age but he couldn't deny the fact that she looked lovely even in her torn jeans and white tee shirt.
She was an attractive and charming lady with a heart of gold. And on their first date, he felt so proud and walked around with his head in the clouds. After all she had chosen him amongst all the handsome admirers. He felt as if he had won a trophy for his looks and his courting skills.
And his heart missed a beat when he noticed how beautiful she was. He smiled lovingly and waved at her signaling her to go ahead. He wasn't too excited to explore the park. This was the third time. Two visits for vacation and one was a business trip where he had asked them to tag along as it was a summer break.
So Alex wasn't interested to explore the park once more in the scorching heat. Giant sized fans which emitted cool vapors were placed at different places to maintain the heat and humidity. Alex stretched his legs and spread out both his hands and tilted his head to rest on the back stand of the bench which was made of some synthetic material or maybe cement. It was well crafted resembling some old rugged branches.
His thoughts wandered but he kept bringing it back. Sudden sharp feelings of remorse followed by guilt jolted him back to reality as he thought of his attractive, lanky and voluptuous colleague. He was attracted to her the first time he paid his eyes on her as she walked in to his cabin for the interview. Her name was Zinke and he smiled to himself.
"Even the name Zinke sounds like kinky." that was the first thought that crossed his mind when she had introduced herself. Alex shook his head and bent down with his both hands resting on his knees as his head his head in his palms. He knew it wasn't love just lust but what could a man do.
Lust is something not many men can resist. So even though he knew the forbidden path he has choosing was leading him to his doomsday, he couldn't control himself. He did have a couple of light flings in an off but Zinke had struck chords which knew was dangerous. He was walking on a wire which could snap anytime. So it wasn't a surprise that his family life, love life and sex life was suffering.
All he could think of was getting Zinke to his bed. They had ended up smooching in a restroom of a bar when both of them were sharing a fag. Though Alex wasn't drunk enough to lose his senses, sexy Zinke was intoxicating enough to make him lose his sanity. It had taken a flip of a second to grab her and kiss her. The flip of a second where he had crossed the line of commitment.
The flip of a second which defined his character and destroy the beautiful life, trust and family he had taken so long to build. It wouldn't have been a surprise if they had ended up making Love right there had it not been for a little cough. Another guest had walked in and nodded at them after Alex and Zinke pulled themselves apart smoothening their clothes. Zinke giggled winked and flirted shamelessly. But Alex was nervous and headed out of the restroom without giving Zinke another look.
"Papa" Alex collected himself and looked at his daughter who was balancing on her toes and sticking her face out of the Baby Bear Family's photo frame. She was waving me to come  for the photo shoot too. Racheal was already there trying to adjust her face in the frame. Alex got up and ran towards them and stuck his face out of the slot too.
"Ready? Now smile please! Say cheese...wider again say cheeeesseeee!" He clicked a couple of shots and asked them to pick the pictures later.
"Thank you!" Alia thanked aloud in a melodious tone.  Racheal nodded her head in agreement and smiled at the cameraman. Alia was already walking toward a group of people and pulling me with her. It was getting hotter every minute but Racheal and Alia did not seem to bother. Racheal was beaming with happiness which was always the case when she saw Alia happy. She was a doting mother and a committed and dutiful wife.
But being dutiful, committed, loving, pretty and all the relevant adjectives do not hold a man when he decides to  cross the thin invisible line and step out of a committed relationship to pursue his lust. So it wasnt a surprise that Alex was just an another pawn who was being played by the fate to derail him from his blissful conjugal life. And he failed terribly when he decided to leave everything behind and get into a relationship with Zinke.
Alex trotted behind Racheal and Alia with mind filled with thoughts and an ich in his groin which always pleased him because it brought him back to his secret steamy stolen moments with his secretary. He followed the mother and daughter swinging a bag full of goodies his daughter had bought. Infact these days, he was more into Zinke than his daughter and Racheal. So it was not a surprise that he was desperately counting the days to return back.
Just then his cell phone rang and Racheal gave him an annoyed look. "Excuse me." he excused himself  and stepped aside to receive the call. Racheal knew what was happening.Not knew in the true sense but she could sense it and read the energy of the people gossiping behind her back at the office.As they say, a woman's intuition never liesj but like in any other case, she was in a complete denial and pretended as if everything was fine.
Not that it mattered any more. She hurried holding Alia's hand as a parade of all the Walt Disney Characters marched through the pavement lined by tall trees.The crowd dispersed from the path making way for the colorful parade with a few dwarfs and goblins dancing along. A load music filled the park.
Everyone hustled and tried to squeeze in to see the parade.  A Prince Charming in red trousers tucked in brown knee length, studded boots and tight fitted jacket with gold buttons walked past them. His golden ponytail and the sword gleamed in the setting sunlight as he winked at Racheal and Alia.  Alia jumped and clapped in glee as she saw snow white and the seven dwarfs march past them.She was very happy when she she saw all the Disney Characters.
By now Alex was back and beaming with hands resting on his hip. The goodie bag was tied to his belt and was dangled every time he laughed aloud or turned to look at Alia. Racheal move a little closer to Alia because lately  even being near to Alex drove her insane with fury. And the very fact that he had a hideous smile and a glow on his face made her even more angrier.