Chapter 29

Alex stood still with a startled look.He wasn't used to being spoken rudely before, by his wife. She glared at him and the stress, frustration and the pain she had been suppressing for the last few years broke free.
"Get out !" She yelled. She had never yelled at him before. Mostly because she hadn't wanted to get into an argument with him for Alia's sake. Or maybe because she wasn't ready to face the consequences which was lurking over her head.

Now she had suddenly emerged out of the cocoon she she had built for herself.She had finally realized that he was neither a good husband nor a good father... which meant he was just a threat to her and her daughter's life.
"Get the hell out of here Alex." She ordered once more looking at him with bloodshot eyes. He froze.. as if not ready for the outbursts. Blood rushed to his cheeks but he stood rooted to the floor. He seemed to have lost his speech due to fury and shock. She wasn't sure what had taken over him. She could tell that he wasn't being able to process the little scene she has caused. He stared at her as if she was a stranger.

"Shut up Racheal. Stop screaming." He spoke under his breath... running his fingers through his hair nervously."What is wrong with you?"
" I should have been asking you that. You tell me what is wrong with you. You have been the worst husband but I thought you were a good father.. that is why I have kept quiet." She stroked Alia's hair and continued ..." but you are neither, Alex. Please leave us alone" She could feel Alia trembling. She looked at the man she had once loved. Now he was just a shadow.. a shadow of the man she had known. Infact Alex had died for her a long time back, the day he cheated on her. Infront of her stood a carcass of the man she had married. She loathed the way he moved nervously as he bore his eyes on her. He looked cold and ruthless as he tried to control his temper. He was a man who had lost his soul a long time back.He was just a robot who was enacted in order to impress his audience.

She hated him like never before. Suddenly she was scared of the man in front of her. She pulled Alia closer as she fastened her both legs around her waist. Without a second thought, Racheal slid past Alex and dashed into the guest room and locked herself in.

She knew how violent Alex could be. She laid Alice on the bed and called her maid who was in the servant quarter, from the landline. Alia was trembling and curled herself on the bed as soon as Racheal laid her down. She knew Alex would come after them. She knew he would go to any extent to gratify his punctured ego.

Before the maid could answer, Alex was already slamming his fists on the door. " Racheal open the door." He screamed bringing the whole house down.

"Open he door." He screamed continuously. Racheal didn't know whom to call and she trembled as she remembered her driver. She dialed his number number and found out that he was still downstairs."Come up and take sir away." Was all she could say. Alex had slapped her before and she wasn't ready to put Alia in trouble today.

She dialed her neighbor and asked them for help. He was a friend of Alex and wasn't better than him. But at the moment the only one who could control Alex was herself. She had found the strength and courage in herself because she was ready to tread the forbidden path...