Chapter 44, Two Squared

Belle is last to return as she follows Lord Herpaul in.
He carries Joey with a half eaten cookie in his hand.

Ersally fusses, "Those are for after lunch."

Joey giggles, "Wasn't me this time."

Lord Herpaul admits, "It was me. I meant no harm."

Shadow shivers on the mat and Erray moves from his seat to her as Urshawn's annoyance fusses, "We have bigger issues than stolen cookies."

Erray whispers to Shadow, "Are you alright?"

She nods, "Let's get back to the meeting.

"There's no need to worry of my slip. With so many aspiring Listeners, it was probably just an accident."

Lamica debates as Herpaul puts Joey on his feet. "I think it can't be ignored. It was very disrespectful."

Belle crawls up into her chair, "Best keep to her Will. Let's get back to it."

Joey breaks what's left of his cookie and gives Billie the bigger part.

"Thank you."

He starts for his spot, but sees Jenny and offers her the part he's got left.

She crinkles her nose, "I don't want stolen property."

He shrugs and goes under the middle table.

Belle requests, "Quill, please, Jicky."

The pixie zaps it with Fairy Dust and it reanimates.

Belle reports, "The Eye finds Hertank fit of health and sound of soul.
"He is cold though. We'd like him to work with Father Light and Mamabear.

"If they can at least guess as to how or why his soul is cooled so drastically we might have a better guess how to get him warmed up.

"As of now, the Eye recommends apprentising him as a wizard, but the Iris demands investigation first.
"Discussion will need to accrue as the only one who can do this has vowed not to.

"Only other course that was purposed, I'm too mad about to discuss."

Farsarah giggles a bit, "Sorry, Belle. Your mad was the most adorable sight I've ever seen."

Lamica huffs, "Cause she wasn't blasting your brain with it."

Erray nods, "I can guess. Risky, love, very risky. Investigation and soul searching are definitely a must."

Urshawn inquires, "How was your walk, Billie?"

She giggles, "I like him.
"Mama, call I list a zeek yet?"

Belle's sideways eyelids open so far, they are undetectable.
She forces herself to blink, "No you may not and you can't list a human. I'm baffled you would even suggest such."

The young Seer considers and seems to ask Shadow, "Why's so weird about it?
"It's not like he's a baby?"

Belle debates, "He's a human."

Billie scratches the top of her bald head, "Oh, I thought he was a Master. How'd I get that mixed up?"

Urshawn fusses, "You couldn't. That'd be like mistaking a frog for Old Chap."

Jenny raises both hands, then puts them done, "Aye. I forgot I have to say aye."

Belle tells her, "Speak up, child."

Jenny boldly asks, "Didn't we learn in the history of the Ages, that a human was mistaken for a Lorady by an Eye?
"Could it be the same kind of thing?"