Chapter 32, Treaty

The cookies are gone and Farsarah has served and refilled their coffees, before Urshawn arrives.

He comes in gently and asks Lauriah quietly, "Can Belle be woken?"

Lauriah reports, "Not easily, but she's only sleeping about two hours at a time. Pain wakes her often as her systems turn over in curing."

Urshawn looks in the bassinet, "That's amazing. Like a million years has past already. It's working."

Lauriah reports, "Belle said like two when she wake for a snack about an hour and a half ago. What's up?"

Urshawn tells them, "A party of Seers has arrived. That's what took so long. They've come to answer her beacon. They want her to introduce them to Erray."

Erray leans forward and lays his face turned to his cup on the table, "I just want to go to sleep. How does a Sage get some down time?"

Urshawn teases, "Might still be a while.

"I've also spoken to the Wind Lorady. You messed up the cloud cover, it's hung up on the holding pattern. Going to take him a couple of weeks to build it up, but he's sending us a blizzard to get it moving again and I accepted that he'd restrict his temper to low voltage.

"Best I could do for you. He's not one for holding a grudge. I'm not too worried about that.

"He also invited you to his Province, since you can fly there now... Promises an all access tour and fine dining. I told him if ever made such an offer again, I'd take the Wind back."

Lauriah chuckles, "You said it too calmly, how are they to know it was a date invite?"

Urshawn rolls his eyes, "Too emotionally tapped out to reenact territory pissing.

"Also, the people are not revolting. Many saw clearly it was us.

"Also, witnesses told it that Lamica was trying to get you, to break your fall. They were sure he'd flip about and make the landing.

"Others, think that was he plan, but Erray knew it wouldn't work, so he thought out the ancient form. Those others think that I fell and you two where trying to get under me to save me.

"It's all brewing with the bulletin. I told the knights going out with it, that Erray is very worried he will lose his new home here after Belle is saved, because he's afraid the people can't accept a wizard."

Lamica rubs Erray's back, "That's not so bad, love."

Erray shushes softy, then whispers, "I'm sleeping."

Urshawn laughs in his nose, "You won't want to miss this one. Night Wind saved a child in the streets this afternoon.

"They tell, she was playing ball and lost it into the street. She chased after it, right in front of a rushing taxi, but Night Wind leaped in front of the horse and made it rearup.

"Then Night Wind flipped the child onto her back, bite the ball and took both back into the yard.

"Taxi driver saw the whole thing and swears he didn't have a chance to react. Word is spreading and people are seeking her out to pet her."

Lauriah complains, "Too calm, Urshawn. Ya got to really tell a story like that."

Urshawn flares is eyes, "In other news, Lord Herpaul is missing again. I let Fartommy command a search to get him out of my hair.

"Parmaria thinks it's different this time and is requesting Urjohn to take her to see if he's in his secret lab, but won't tell me where it is. She says it would be a betrayal of the worst kind and that Erray will confirm and agree. Erray?"