Forgetful!Male!Reader x Orphan!Male!Frisk

"H-Hi...! I'm... F-Frisk," a little boy called "Frisk" talked to another boy in front of him. "O-Oh, umm... hi, I'm Y/n," the boy replied, a little unsure of Frisk.

"What... book are you reading?" Frisk asked as he peered over. "Um... The Forgotten Soul," Y/n replied. "Sounds... sad," Frisk said. "It's... not as bad as it seems. Do you want to... read it together?" Y/n asked.

Frisk went silent. He looked around and saw no one else in the orphanage was paying attention to him. So he looked at Y/n and nodded.

Y/n shifted along a little on the wooden floorboard he was sitting on and Frisk sat down next to him. The two read the book in silence, occasionally flipping the page.

"Well well well, looks like the New Meat found the Book Bum," an older kid said as he and two of his buddies towered over Y/n and Frisk.

Y/n looked up at them and sighed at their evil grins. "Hey, Jackson. I... thought I gave you half of my weekly allowance?". "Oh, you did, don't worry buddy," the group leader, Jackson, replied. "But I'm for him," he said as he pointed to Frisk.

"M-Me?" Frisk said, a bit scared. "Don't worry New Meat, we won't hurt you... yet. How about you come with us and your first day might not be so bad," Jackson said. Frisk looked at Y/n. Y/n looked at him and looked away saddened.

"Don't worry about him. He's used to being alone," Jackson said with a grin.

"N-... N-No," Frisk said. Y/n's eyes widened and looked at Frisk. "What did you say?" Jackson said through gritted teeth.

"I-I said... no!" Frisk said as he stood up. Y/n grabbed his hand, making him look down at him. "Don't..." Y/n said with a shake of his head.

"I would listen to him if I were you. You wouldn't your first day to be your last," Jackson said with a glare.

"I shouldn't have to listen to anyone," Frisk said with confidence. Jackson raised his eyebrow and looked at his two buddies, they shrugged.

Jackson looked at Frisk, "Well, that's too bad. Because you do realise where we are, right? A place where we HAVE to listen.". He then punched Frisk in the gut, making him fall to the floor.

Frisk held his stomach in pain and looked up at Jackson as he gritted his teeth. "There's your warning. Do that again, and that pretty face of yours might become uglier than the freak's face here," Jackson said before walking away with his buddies.

Y/n put his book down and looked at Frisk concerningly, "I'm sorry...". "It's..." Frisk paused as he grunted in pain, "-fine. Who was that?" he asked as Y/n helped him sit up.

"That was Jackson. The eldest one here. He thinks he runs the place," Y/n said. "Why hasn't anyone done anything?" Frisk asked. "Some get adopted before they can. But us...? We're too scared to. Because the last time someone challenged him... they didn't return..." Y/n said solemnly.

"So... what is it you do here?" Frisk asked. "Wake up. Have breakfast. Do morning chores. Have lunch. Do afternoon chores. Have 2 hours of free time. Continue the chores. Have dinner. Have 3 hours of free time. And go to bed at 8 PM. If you're not asleep within 30 minutes, you have to do chores all day the next day. But that's on weekends. On weekdays, we go to school," Y/n said.

"How old is everyone here?" Frisk asked concerningly. "The youngest is 5. I'm 10. And Jackson is 13," Y/n replied.

Y/n and Frisk then looked over at Jackson who was looking at Heather, the manager of the orphanage. The two were smirking at each other and Heather lead him away into her private room. And as they entered, Jackson slapped Heather on her butt.