Part 30

Archer's POV

Being sick sucked. So bad. The first two days are still blurry on what happened, the only real thing I remember from them was that awful nightmare that woke me up. It took a full week for me to be back to normal and two for Scarlett to stop worrying about me. She was not impressed that I went back to filming straight away and pretty much hovered around me permanently, which I loved because I got so many cuddles. Apparently, on the first night when I was kind of a fever zombie, I hit Seb and Mackie, so I had to apologise to them. I did so by writing them apology notes, which Lizzie helped me write. 

Scarlett had fired Miss Tana. So now the cast takes it, in turn, to teach me things, which means they all know I can't read or write. I was upset at first at Scarlett for telling everyone, but that quickly changed when I realised them teaching me stuff was a lot better than going to school. Plus it's not like it is a real class when I am with them. I  just have to fill out little sheets at the end of the week and that's that, the rest of the time we normally just play until Scarlett comes and then we have to act like I was learning. 

Today we are packing up because we have finished filming in Atlanta, which means we have a three-week break before we all head to LA to finish filming. "Archer, baby, you all packed?" Scarlett yelled, coming and standing in the doorway of my little room in the trail. While I may not sleep in here I did keep all of my stuff in here. "Archer, what are you doing?" She chuckled when she spotted me. Packing had gotten boring so at some point, I had shifted and I am now laying upside down on my bed, my head dangling just above the floor as I tried to count all the black spots that are dancing in front of my eyes. 

My counting was interrupted by a squeal as I was suddenly hoisted up, my body being thrown onto the bed before Scarlett started to tickle me, making me hiss with laughter as I thrashed around. "I thought you were packing, baby" she teased, still tickling my sides as I kick my legs carefully, being mindful to not smack her, even if she deserves it. "Nooooo, stop Mama" I whine, making sure to be as pouty as possible despite my fits of giggles. Oh yeah, that is one of the only things I can remember from my fever frenzy, calling Scarlett Mama, a title I think she has more than earned so I have continued to call her that and even I can't miss the smile on her lips each time she hears me call her that, so I figured she likes it. "Fine, now we are leaving in twenty minutes for our flight, so let's pack. I'll help you" she stops, smiling at me as I sit up panting slightly, shaking my head so that my vision clears.

"Do we have to go? I really like it here" I complain. In all honesty, I am a little worried about what is going to happen these next three weeks. I know I am staying with Mama, but I can't help but be wary about what happens now. Being here in Atlanta has become like a home, I mean it wasn't all that different to being on the base. But I don't really know what happens once we leave here. I don't even know how to function in real society really. Then there is the fact I have never been to New York before. It is a lot of new stuff all at once and it is freaking me out a little. Flo and I talked about it a little, mainly because she was pouting that she wouldn't see me for three weeks, and she assured me I was going to have the time of my life, but it didn't do much to make me feel better.

"You are going to love New York baby. Think about it, three weeks you can just chill and hang out with me, how amazing is that" Mama tell me with a smile, as she repacks the duffle bag, which I had emptied yesterday to delay leaving. "No school?" I ask, suddenly excited, she should have led with that. Mama pauses packing, looking up at me with a laugh as she shakes her head. "Wow, three weeks with me isn't the selling point? I am hurt" she teased, making me giggle slightly as I hoped up so that I was standing on the bed, looking down at her slightly "well I suppose that would be alright too" I shrug, laughing as I slip onto the floor to finish my packing while Mama stands there shaking her head. It literally took me two seconds to do so, since I am an expert packer, so before long Mama was dragging me out of the trailer and towards the green room.