Part 13

Archer's POV

Spending this week with Daddy and the squad has been amazing. It has been one of the best weeks of my life actually. It was the first time ever we had spent the week off base together and I loved every second. Normally when they are on leave the guys spend three days with us and then go see their family while Daddy and I kick around on base. This is the first time I haven't stayed off base with the guys ever and doing all these things with them has been fantastic. For the first time ever it felt like we were a normal family, just spending time and enjoying being with each other without having to be soldiers. Not to mention this is the first real holiday we have ever been on, it is fantastic.

Especially in the mornings. We would do our usual workout, which has now been upped to try and keep me calmer during the days, before doing our run around Atlanta. Once we had finished we always found different local places to eat breakfast, somewhere new every day based on the direction we ran. It was fantastic and we had a different American breakfast thing each day. Then we would head to the training centre where we would go practice my big stunt. It is so big we couldn't practice on the set because they didn't have the right equipment so we have been going to a special facility to train in. I have no clue where we are filming the actual scene but I can't wait until we do it for real.

When Kevin brought up this stunt to me the first week on set I immediately agreed, I mean it sounded fantastic, I have to say though I was lucky Scarlett wasn't around to hear what they had me doing because she would have never had agreed, which just adds to how much fun it is. The stunt sounded awesome and given the training I have done on the base it seemed like a walk in the park. Although this last week demonstrated it is a little more complicated than I first thought, but not impossible. It was mainly the parts that made it movie worthy that we had to iron out, rather than the doing of the stunt per se. It is super cool though and having the squad help me learn the best way to do it was amazing. It combined all of my favourite things: the squad, acting and adrenaline rushes, because the stunt is a surefire way to get your adrenaline pumping.

On top of all that we spent our afternoons hanging out. There was nowhere we had to be and nothing that had to happen and that was amazing. Never in my life can I remember not having anything to do. My life has always been scheduled to the max so having time to just hang out with the squad and enjoy being together was amazing. Even if I accidentally gave  Hawk a black eye when I got overwhelmed at the zoo, which earned me an extra kilometre the next morning when I worked out with Bear. I felt really bad after I punched Hawk but he just brushed it off, saying it was his fault for working me up anyway, which was true but still. Hawk and I were officially good again though that night when we went to a diner and  I got peach cobbler, which was amazing and shared it with him. It always upsets me when I let everything get too much and lash out. I never mean to, but it all gets so overwhelming that I don't know what to do. 

It was at that moment when I sat on the floor in front of the bar enclosure trying to calm myself down that I realised what a big impact Scarlett has made on my life. She would have helped me calm down long before it got to the roughhousing phase. She would have known I was getting overwhelmed before I even knew. She would give me cuddle time and everything would be ok. I really miss cuddles with Scarlett. She just gets me in a way I didn't think possible was possible. I don't know how she has gotten to know me so well. Like she knows me better than myself sometimes and it freaks me out a little. But I love Scarlett just like I do the squad and the time I have spent with her and the cast on set has been some of the best of my life.

The only problem with how amazing the week went was that I was having so much fun I didn't even notice the week was up until the bags were packed and in the truck. "Do you have to go?" I ask, watching as we pull up to the set. "You know we do. Now we are going black ops when we get back so I don't know when we will be able to call again. But I want you to keep up the good work and I will call as soon as I can" Daddy says as he sits in the back with me, a pout on my face as I look at the new picture we took outside the hotel this morning. It was nice for our picture to be in front of something other than a plane for once. "Be safe?" I ask, looking around at everyone in the truck. It's not just Daddy I need to come home, it's all of them. They are all my family. "Aren't we always Wolfie? Now come give us a hug" Hawk demands, making everyone squabble as I jump from seat to seat saying my goodbyes. I took my time sitting on each person's lap as I made them promise they would try and be safe and look after each other. Giving them all big hugs and kisses on the cheeks before I would move on to the next person.