Part 12

Scarlett's POV

Can I please have a go with Xanthi? Because now that I know the story I think the guys should have let Archer hit her a little more. I mean Archer didn't even hit her really, just tussled with her a little, there was no blood drawn or anything, so I think she could have lasted a few more minutes with Archer, seems only fair after what Archer had to go through. Archer was tortured for months, I think Xanthi could have lasted a few more minutes with a ten-year-old, even if the ten-year-old in question was highly trained in like every known martial art and whatnot. I can't believe the guys would stop her from hurting that woman, I figured they would be waiting to get their own go. Ok, that might be a little harsh, but can I still have a go at her? I fight more like a ten-year-old than Archer does, so what real damage could I cause, other than a black eye, I think she would suit that.

I just can't believe how mature Archer is about the whole thing. When she said she was glad Xanthi wasn't there that night I couldn't help but wonder how she has turned out this perfect. I mean, she was tortured for two months and is just glad that her big sister wasn't there. That is a person with a heart of gold. Because I know adults who would not be able to see things like that, so how she sees it that way blew my mind. She is just so precious, honestly. That being said, I don't share her views on Xanthi not being there that night. I mean fair enough she has a life and wanted to go on a date but why couldn't she have taken her to the base or gotten her a babysitter? Why would she leave her alone, not just for that night but the three days after that it took her to notice her five-year-old sister was missing? Archer shouldn't be left alone now, never mind back then. 

The whole story made me feel slightly sick. I tried my best not to cry while I listened. Archer puts on this front all the time that she is made of steel, which I think is because of where and who she has grown up with. So when she was telling me all about the horrible things she faced I decided I would be strong for her so that she could have a chance to let go. But when she asked if I was going to leave too, I couldn't stop the tears that started to stream down my face, leaving us both sitting there sobbing as I held her as tight as I could. She needed to know I would never leave her because I don't care what happens after this film, I will do everything and anything to stay in her life. She is stuck with me now forever, like it or not. Poor baby has already been through so much and the more I learn about her the more unique I realise she is, which I didn't think possible but clearly it is.

The two of us hugged it out for a while after that, I think she was worked up from remembering what she had been through, which is more than understandable. Plus she had already had such a chaotic day which had her wound up a few times already, so I know she needed a while longer to calm down, which I was more than happy to give her. Not to mention I was just so heartbroken from hearing her story, that being able to hold her and feel that she was ok and safe with me was helping me a lot at this time. Although I am sure that I will be crying myself to sleep tonight when I get a chance to really think about what happened to her and process the horrors of what she has been through. We both needed each other at this moment, and I was so thankful to have her. So thankful that she is so strong and not only survived everything but has made it here, landing a role in such a big movie, and allowing us to meet.

Eventually, Oscar came knocking on my door, pocking his head in cautiously as he found us curled up on the sofa together, I was fairly sure Archer was on the verge of falling asleep, although the second she heard the trailer door she was alert, which makes even more sense than before now that I know the full story. "Xanthi is gone, I spoke to Kevin and signed all the forms he needed. He agreed to you not needing a babysitter as long as you stay with a member of the cast around the set and off of the set, which I have agreed to. He also told me about the stunt you are doing in a few weeks, way to bury the lead it sounds so fun. He's asked for the squad to help you prep for it so we are going to do that this week, just us lot" he speaks directly to Archer, who seems to be wide awake now, a smile on his face as he talks about the stunt, making me wonder what the hell the Russo's have her doing. I don't remember seeing a big stunt for Archer anywhere.