kyle spencer: rough patch

tw: self harm
word count: 2105
__________

"are you even listening to me?" kyle snapped.

"yes..." i suddenly put my phone down and looked at him. "sorry."

he sighed, rubbing his temples.

"no you're not."

"i'm sorry!" i exclaimed, "i was responding to an email."

"y/n what was i even saying?" he questioned me. i couldn't answer him. i started to feel guilty. i zoned out for a moment in the email, i didn't mean to but i did.

"i'm sorry kyle. j-just start over, i'm listening."

he looked up at me with those deep brown eyes of his. instead of anger, he looked hurt. i didn't realize i would upset him this much.

"no-no. it's fine. i don't even care." he said quietly, laying down and rolling over in bed so he didn't have to look at me. "fuck this."

kyle wasn't really just mad or upset over the fact he wasn't being listened to in this moment, it was built up from this kinda stuff and fighting over the course of the last few weeks and he was over it.

"kyle. i'm sorry." i said again, placing my hand on his arm.

"i know." he said. "it's not just that."

"okay what is it then?" i said, knowing another fight was to come.

he sat up and looked at me.

"y/n, you never listen to me. i feel ignored by you constantly."

"kyle you do the same thing to me." i said back, getting angry. "it's fucking annoying."

"that is not true you just don't like my responses." he threw up his hands.

i rubbed my forehead.

"well you know what bothers me kyle?" i snarled, "you go dead silent all the time and we can never work things out."

"because you refuse to admit your wrong. EVER."

"oh my god, seriously?"

kyle stood up and paced around the room for a second.

"i just want you to listen to me y/n. i never feel listened to anymore. what has happened with you?"

i scoffed. "go tell that stuff to all the girls on your phone then."

"what girls?" he said angrily. "you know damn well i would never cheat on you."

"all those frat whore friends you're around constantly make that hard to believe."

"fuck this." kyle snapped at me. "i cant do this with you anymore. i'm done."

i didn't respond, instead i just held my head in my hands and drowned in my frustration.

"i'm struggling really badly and you never fucking notice me. i thought i could rely on you but i can't because you don't even want to hear me." he sobbed.

i didn't respond.

kyle aggressively grabbed a pillow off the bed and left the bedroom.

"fine. GET OUT!" i yelled. "it's not like you ever want to fix things anyways."

"i'm fucking going." i heard him murmuring down the hallway.

i got up and shut the door as soon as his footsteps stopped. i then rubbed my head in anger and stress.

"fuck. fuck. fuck." i mumbled to myself. i was really frustrated with him, but i also knew that i fucked up with him a little and i began to feel so guilty.