kit walker: three weeks

tw: sexual assault & asylum type abuse
word count: 938
——

the last few weeks had been hell. anyone who didn't know what it was like would think that this would be anything but hell, but it was definitely hell.

3 weeks ago, you and kit were released from the asylum. the asylum that led you to a kidnapping and rape, the asylum that shocked kits brain from head to toe, the asylum that ruined you and kits lives.

you and kit spent nearly 14 weeks in that asylum, except 3 of those weeks you spent in a basement of a doctor you once trusted. the scariest 3 weeks of your life. kit knew of the basement, but you never told him everything. he knew of the bodies, and the horror. really, the only thing he didn't know was the rape.

"hey, you okay?" kit said, knocking on the door as he entered.

you turned around and smiled, "yeah i'm okay."

kit came and sat next to you on the side of the bed.

"i heard you crying."

you shook your head.

"no, i wasn't."

kit put his arm around you and pulled you to lay your head onto him.

"do you want to talk about it?"

"no." you half-lied, you wanted him to know what happened and that secret was eating you alive, but also, you were so embarrassed and scared.

kit kissed the top of your head, making you feel loved.

"okay, i'm gonna go pick up some dinner. are you sure your okay?"

you lifted your head up and kissed his soft lips.

"i'm okay."

you watched as kits car pulled out of the driveway. you felt so alone. once again, your eyes filled with tears. how was kit coping so well?

it'd only been 5 weeks since the rape, and every day seemed worse. still, no one knew.

time was moving so slowly, but you felt like you were aging 5 years every day. hard rain began pouring, so loud that you could hear the raindrops slam against the bedroom window.

you sat on the floor, pulling your knees to your chest and covering your ears, sobbing. it was all too much. your sobs were so loud that you didn't even hear kits car pull back into the drive-way. however, you did hear the front door open. you quickly stood up and wiped your tears.

"y/n, jm back." kit said, you were so focused on acting okay that you didn't even check to see that your mascara was smudged under your eyes.

"ugh i'm hungry!" you smiled, walking out to the kitchen that kit was in.

kit was worried for you, he knew something was wrong, but he figured it was just from trauma and thought there was nothing you were hiding.

kit placed the food onto the small table that the two of you usually ate at.

he sat in-front of you, he'd seen the mascara smudged onto your face and the lip swelling on your lips.

you picked at the food, you honestly weren't hungry at all but you had to pretend you were. kit ate, and you tried to but your mind raced of all the horrible events you've encountered the past few months.

finally, you hit your breaking point. uncontrollable sobs escaped your mouth and eyes.

"hey, what's wrong?" kit cooed, reaching his hand over to touch yours.

"kit." you sobbed, "i'm sorry."

kit got up and crouched down before you, holding your face in his hands.

"shh. what's the matter?"

you couldn't hide it anymore, it was overwhelming.

"something bad happened to me." you cried, your sobs calming a little.

kit pulled up a chair beside you, and sat before you, your hands in his.

"you can tell me, baby."

"i didn't tell you everything-" you cried, "everything that happened in that basement."

kit a strand a loose strand of hair behind your ear. he just listened.

"kit please don't be mad." you weren't sure why, but you were scared he'd be upset.

"i won't be mad, y/n. i promise you."

you looked down, fidgeting with your hands.

"he raped me." you told him, "a few times, i don't remember how many."

kit stayed silent for a second, trying to comprehend what he just heard. he pulled you into his chest, and you just cried. kits eyes were glasses over with tears, but he didn't let them fall.

he laid a soft kiss onto your head.

"i love you, y/n. i love you so much." he said, his voice slightly breaking.

kit was scared for you, and he felt heartbroken and lost. he was also scared he wouldn't be able to comfort you and help you.

"it's going to be okay, i've got you." he cooed.

you honestly wished in this moment that you told him sooner, as you automatically felt lighter.

"i'm scared kit, i don't know what things he put into me- i don't know anything."

his hands brushed through your hair, attempting to calm you.

"i know, baby. i know."

a big tear fell from his face to your head, his heart ached for you. you felt bad for making him sad.

"i'm sorry, kit. i didn't mean to make you sad." you said, wiping his face. "fuck, i'm sorry."

"hey, stop. it's okay."

kit kissed your nose, and love rushed through your body. you knew in this moment, that one day things would be okay again and he'd be there to help you, and love you.

"i love you, kit."

"i love you too baby. it'll all be okay, i swear."