tate langdon: sick

tw: nothing!
word count: 991
——

"tate?" i whimpered, my head pounding as i sat up in my bed. it was 4:30am and i wasn't sure if he was even awake.

my body was drenched in sweat, and i was hot but shaking as if i was freezing. the kind of feeling you get when you're feverish. i woke up feeling this, and then noticed my throat ached and my head hurt.

i'm not sure why, but i really wanted tate. sometimes we would sleep together, other times we wouldn't. it really just depended on the day.

"tate.." i whimpered once again, and there he was, rubbing his eyes at the door frame.

"y/n? it's really late. is everything alright?"

"can you lay with me?" i said, softly. it hurt too much to speak any louder then a whimper or whisper.

he nodded, dragging his feet over to the bed and climbing in next to me.

"you alright?" he asked, pulling me into his chest.

i nodded, but he could feel my trembling and the high temperature of my body.

"you're burning up."

"i don't feel good." i admitted, moving closer.

"do you need anything?"

"no."

it hurt my head hearing him talk, the fever had caused me to be sensitive to light and sound.

my spine started to hurt from the trembling, and tate held me close in attempt to stop the shaking but i couldn't stop.

"here, i'm gonna get you something." he said, moving off the bed and placing a soft kiss before walking off. i was honestly too tired to get up and look and see where he was going so i kept my eyes closed and my head on the pillow.

a minute later, tate came back with some hot tea and some advil.

"try this." he whispered, helping me sit up. i groaned at the pain of my head.

i took a sip of the tea, which felt nice on my throat and took the advil. after i was done i handed the mug back to tate and he set it on the nightstand.

i rested my head back down, turning to the other side. tate laid beside me, spooning me and laying soft kisses on my hair.

"you okay?"

i nodded, nuzzling closer to him.

"i hope you feel better." he whispered, closing his eyes.

"thank you." i said so quietly i wasn't sure if he heard it, but he did. we soon feel asleep, but it wouldn't be much longer til i woke up again.

i sat up, feeling nauseous and delusional. just as i stood up, the overwhelming feelings of throwing up took over me and i threw up. i was also drenched in sweat, that only got worse after i threw up.

"shit." i whispered, wiping my mouth. this was so embarrassing. the bathroom was only 20 feet away and i couldn't make it, but thankfully i did the second time.

unfortunately, i did wake tate up though.

"y/n?" hey, you okay?" he cooed as i flushed the toilet and leaned up against the wall.

he came beside me and pulled me into his arms, i started to cry from embarrassment and just not feeling well in general.

"it's okay. it happens." he assured me, "come on, i'll get you in the bath."

i nodded, pulling away so he could start the tub. i felt bad for waking him up, and all that but then again he is a ghost so.

tate helped me into the tub, and i honestly started to feel better as i sat down even though i was exhausted.

"you okay to sit here for a minute?" he said.

"yeah."

tate cleaned up everything, and brought up some medicine, water, and other stuff from downstairs. i felt guilty, but tate didn't mind doing this all.

i leaned my head back into the bath, wetting my hair and then sitting back up. i was getting too tired to stay in here.

"tate?" i said softly.

"you okay?" he said, opening the door.

"can you get me a towel?"

he helped me out of the bath and i got my towel wrapped around me before he pulled me into a warm, loving hug.

"i'm sorry you don't feel good."

he let me wear his t shirt to bed, and i brushed out my hair before climbing back into my bed, too tired to stand any longer.

"before you go to sleep." he said, handing me some medicine. i took the medicine, and then washed it down with water.

he could tell i was exhausted, so he shut off the lights and placed a blanket on top of me before laying next to me. by this point, i was already fast asleep.

i woke up to sunlight beaming through my bedroom window, and luckily i was still in tates arms.

it was 12pm, i has slept so late from not feeling well last night.

i wrapped my arm around him, he was asleep still from being up the night before.

i still felt sick, but definitely not as bad.

his eyes started to flutter open, and he looked at me.

"do you feel any better?" he croaked out.

"a little. sorry about last night."

"hey, it's okay. don't be sorry."

somehow he always knew how to make me feel okay, even when i felt so sick. i smiled lightly as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"thank you." i mumbled, nuzzling back into his arms.

"you're still a little warm." he said, feeling my forehead. "do you need something?"

i shook my head no.

"just lay with me."

"okay." he said, relaxing into the mattress.

we spent the rest of the day just relaxing and hanging out with eachother. despite the fact that i didn't feel well, it was actually a pretty okay day. i loved having quality time with tate even when i feel like dying.