kyle spencer: party

tw: shootings and death
word count: 1292
——

it was madison's birthday, and of course she wanted to go out and party. she asked me if i wanted to come, and even though i'd been here for nearly a month already, my only friend was madison so of course i said yes.

i wore a tight black dress and black heels to the party. the music was blaring and people were laughing. lights of blue and purple faded throughout the house.

within seconds, madison was off talking to some other people and i was left alone.

"here, thought you looked thirsty." a guy said, i turned around and there was a tall-curly blonde haired boy.

i smiled lightly.

"thank you." i said, grabbing the cup.

"i'm kyle, and you are?" he said, his voice charming and kind.

"y/n. y/n y/l/n"

"haven't seen you around here before, are you new?"

"yeah, actually. i just moved into the academy down the street last month."

"i'd love to get to know you." he said.

i laughed shyly, i wasn't quite sure what to respond without sounding awkward.

"so, your boyfriend must miss you. huh?" he said, as the two of you started walking to a corner away from the crowd.

"i don't have one."

"really?" he said, surprised. "you're the first hot girl i've met who doesn't have a boyfriend."

i laughed, why was he being so nice to me?

"so, frat boy?"

he nodded, smiling lightly. everything about him gave me butterflies.

"hey, mind if i take you somewhere?"

"actually, i should probably find madison.." i said, looking around for her.

"the movie star?" he laughed.

i nodded.

"look, she's right over there." he said, pointing to the drinks.

"oh okay, thanks."

"now can i take you somewhere?"

i don't know why, but i felt like i shouldn't go.

"not gonna murder me, right?" i half-joked.

"guess you'll have to find out." he winked.

i followed him up the stairs and onto the roof. it was a little chilly out, but it was nice. the sky was filled with stars.

"watch your step." he said, grabbing my hand to make sure i didn't slip.

we sat down and looked up at the stars.

"i used to come here a lot. i don't always like going to parties." he spoke, and i just listened. "anyways, what's your story?"

"oh, i don't know." i said, uncomfortable. "will you go first?"

he agreed to go first, as long as i went after.

"what do you want to know?"

"parents, maybe?"

he sighed, and i knew i fucked up.

"i don't know about my dad, but my moms cool i guess." he said, "my dad left two years ago."

"we don't have to talk about this."

"it's alright, no big deal."

i slid my hand from my stomach and moved it over to grab his and slightly brush my fingers over his, letting him know i wasn't one to judge.