tate langdon: halloween

tw: self harm
word count: 1950

i'm sorry i haven't updated in so long. more coming soon!!
——

"tate?" i said, opening my bedroom door. i'd been gone most of the day, and usually tate would just hang out in my room.

when i opened the door i saw tate laying on the bed, curled up and asleep. he looked so calm and sweet.

i placed a soft kiss on his cheek and smiled at the sight of him.

his eyelids began to flutter open.

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to wake you."

tate was just happy to see me, and motioned for me to come lay with him.

"i missed you while you were gone."

i cuddled up close to him, resting my head on his chest and letting his arms hold me.

"i missed you." i said.

we stayed in silence for a few moments as tate was still kind of waking up and tired.

"tomorrow's halloween." i said, breaking the quiet.

"yeah." tate whispered, flatly.

"oh, come on. you love halloween what's wrong?"

"nothing. i'm tired." he assured me.

liar. halloween was his favorite day of the year he never reacted so badly before.

i figured that tate wasn't lying as i watched him drift of to sleep just ten minutes later. i eventually fell asleep too.

when i awoke, it was 9am and golden light was beaming through the window.

tate looked to be kind of awake, but his eyes were shut.

i softly placed my hand onto the side of his cheek.

he looked so beautiful and calm.

"happy halloween!" i whispered.

his eyelids fluttered open. usually tate would stay in bed with me a while, but the second he opened his eyes he started to get up and walk away.

"tate?"

"what?" he said quietly and kind of harshly.

"are you mad at me?"

"no." he opened the bedroom door and then slammed it shut on the way out.

i sighed, he was definitely mad at me. cause if he wasn't, why would he be acting like this?

i got up from bed and followed him down the hall. i lightly grabbed ahold of him to stop him.

"what y/n?"

i could tell by his eyes that he wasn't mad, he was hurt.

"what's wrong? are you okay?"

tate shrugged, kind of looking away.

"i'm okay."

"okay, then don't you want to go out today?" i asked him.

"i just want to be alone." he responded, walking away from me.

it kind of hurt hearing him say that, but i knew he was upset so i tried to not take it personally. i let him have his moment as i went to quickly get dressed. i didn't care, it was tate's only day out and i knew he would regret it.

after i got changed, i went down to the basement were tate usually went to go be alone.

when i opened the door, he was sitting at the edge of his bed crying. my heart broke.