tate langdon: valentine

word count: 821
______

tate sat in his bedroom assembling a valentine's day basket he had bought stuff for. he had picked up some things over the last few weeks and it was finally time to gift it. he had gotten a light pink kendra scott heart necklace, some gummy bears, a heart chocolate box, heart brandy socks, a brown stuffed bear, and a few white roses all to put inside a little basket. he had never been so excited for a silly little holiday like valentine's day before, but here he was.

meanwhile, i was putting everything i got him into a gift bag. we were gonna meet down at the beach in about an hour so i had to get to work on this gift and then get ready. i picked him up some candies such as nerds, chocolate hearts, and gummy worms. then, i got him a pair of nike sweatpants and a nice card. i stuffed it all into a red gift bag and topped it with some white tissue paper.

i hope he loves it.

i finished getting ready for our little date before actually heading out. i placed the gift into the basket in-front of my bike and made my way down the two blocks to the beach.

after i parked my bike, i scanned the sand looking for tate. he was sitting on a light pink blanket a little while away. i smiled. he looked so sweet. i grabbed the gift and walked over to him.

"happy valentine's day!!" he smiled, getting up and embracing me in a warm hug before pulling back and kissing me passionately. i held his face and kissed him harder for a moment.

"happy valentines!"

i looked down at what he had set up. strawberries, blueberries, sandwiches, chocolate, and drinks. it was all a dream.

"aw! tate. this is all so perfect."

he smiled big, offering me to sit down. i happily sat down across from him, looking at everything in awe.

"champagne?" he asked.

"you got champagne? you hate champagne!" i laughed.

"i know, but you love it don't you?"

i nodded and smiled as he poured me a glass. i took a sip.

"i know we should probably wait, but i want to give you your gift now..." i said.

"now?" he smiled.

"oh please?" i puppy dog eyed him.

"i guess..."

tate smiled and i took the bag and placed it in his lap for him to open.

"it's not much..."

he removed the tissue paper and began opening the gift. his eyes beamed with each item he pulled out. he felt incredibly grateful.

"i love it all so much." he assured me, grasping my cheek to pull me in for a sweet kiss.

"i love you." i whispered.

"i love you more."

he wanted to wait to give me my present until after we ate so we started to taste each treat and each dinner as we spoke sweet nothings to each-other. the waves crashed behind the two of us, making the moment even sweeter. my cheeks felt sore from smiling so much but i was just so happy.

i watched him as the sun set. the golden rays of the sun highlighting his sandy blonde hair. his sandy blonde hair looked beautiful against his baby blue sweater. then, he looked up at me with his sweet brown eyes and i just couldn't resist.

"come here." i said softly, grabbing his face and kissing him passionately. he stroked my hair while we kissed. i smiled through and pulled away.

"let me show u what i got you now."

"okay."

he pushed the basket he had made me over towards me.

"is that kendra scott??" i asked, picking up the box with the label. he smiled and i opened the box. a beautiful pink heart necklace sat. "no way. i LOVE it."

"i thought you would."

"AW and brandy socks??" i smiled big. "i love these!!"

i finished opening the rest carefully. then, i got to the card. it was pink and had red hearts with arrows through them. then, i opened the card and my heart melted.

my valentine,
i know you love valentine's day, so i'm trying my hardest to make today the most special i can. you are the highlight of every day i've lived since i've met you. i love you every second of every day. i hope to spend the rest of my life loving you. i wish you knew how much time i spend thinking about you and our future. i love you.

-tate

by the end of the card, my eyes were filled with happy tears. tate smiled at the sight and pulled me into a side hug. i kind of broke down crying a little bit with happiness.

"i love you so much." i smiled, wiping the light tears.

he kissed my forehead.

"i love you forever."