tate langdon: panic attacks

tw: panic attacks?
word count: 1256
——

"tate?" i yelled, searching the house for him.

i hadn't seen tate in nearly a week, which was very odd because tate hated being alone. he hated not being with me all the time.

"tate, come on."

i was getting nervous that maybe he was mad or depressed, i wasn't sure.

still, no answer. this was starting to make me anxious. i ran my fingers through my hair trying to think of what to do. there's really no way to force a ghost who doesn't want to be seen appear.

i checked the basement one last time, and of course he wasn't there.

"tate if you can hear me, please come talk to me or let me knew everything's okay." i whispered, but nothing happened.

i sighed, heading back upstairs to my bedroom.

at this point, i was almost certain tate was mad at me because even when he was sad, he wanted to be with me.

i decided to just take a shower to try and get my mind off tate for a few moments.

when i got out, my parents were home from work and i got dressed for bed.

hours passed, and it was now night. i'd eaten dinner and done everything to get ready for the night.

i decided to go down to the basement one last time to check and see if tate wanted to talk to me.

"tate? it's just me.." i said, "it's been a week since i've seen you. i'm starting to worry."

nothing.

"please tate, just a moment." i pleaded, tears in my eyes.

nothing, again.

"i don't know what i did, i'm sorry." i sobbed.

tate was watching me as i spoke, but didn't want to be seen. his heart broke when he saw me crying though.

"y/n?" tate whimpered, coming near me.

"oh!" i sighed, hugging him tight. i felt so relieved to see him again.

"i'm sorry." he hugged me, kissing the top of my head as he did. he felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness after seeing me cry so his eyes began to water.

i couldn't cry, i was just too happy to see him again even though i knew something was wrong.

after a moment, he pulled away.

"goodnight." he told me, kissing my nose.

"no, tate, wait." i pleaded.

"not tonight, please."

his voice sounded like he was in pain, and his eyes were sad.

i placed my hand on the side of his face.

"what's going on, tate. you know i love you."

he shrugged, turning to walk away so that he wouldn't cry.

"no, wait." i said, "just come sleep with me. we don't have to talk, we can just sleep."

i softly grabbed his hand so he would stay put.

tate thought about it for a moment, then agreed.

we went upstairs to my room, and laid down in bed. normally, we would cuddle or something but tate stayed away.

my happiness was faded now because i knew something was so deeply wrong.

"are you mad at me?" i finally spoke.