kyle spencer: opening up

tw: mentions of sexual assault
word count: 1801
——

the two of us were out at the tattoo place with some of his friends. i sat down beside on of his friends and watched as he got a tattoo as kyle walked around the parlor singing to toto.

"kyle, what do you think?" his friend, jaedon said.

"nice i like it." kyle responded, drinking his beer and going back to humming to the radio. "this song is amazing!"

"shut up about your music and get something kyle!" jaedon said.

"uhm, toto is amazing."

"i second that!" i exclaimed, making kyle smile at me.

"come on kyle, get something." a few of his friends urged over and over.

kyle came and sat down beside me, wrapping his arm around me.

"no way, i'm not putting that shit on my skin. plus, my ma would kill me."

"i'd totally bang her to shut her up." vinnie laughed.

kyles face went pale and he let go of me, looking down for a second before letting out a fake laugh.

i looked at kyle, i wasn't sure what it was but he looked upset.

his friends went on laughing and joking around, kyle tried to play it off like he was okay but i could tell something was wrong.

i put my hand on top of his.

"you alright?"

kyle smiled and put his arm back around me.

"yeah." he said, sipping his beer. "why wouldn't i be?"

his skin felt hot and sweaty and i could feel his slight trembling.

"wanna get out of here?" i whispered.

he nodded, chugging the last bit of his drink and placing it down.

"yo, we're gonna go."

"you guys should come to the party tonight! it's at 7!" vinnie yelled.

"that's okay, maybe another time." i said.

kyle and i walked out to the car and he got in the drivers seat. as his hand reached to turn on the car, i noticed it was shakey.

"are you okay?"

"yeah."

kyle turned on the car, and turned up the radio a little bit.

"we can go back to my place?" i offered.

"you got beer?"

"i do." i laughed, kissing him on the cheek as he got ready to drive.

kyle hummed to the radio on the way there, trying to cover up the fact that he was upset.

when we got there, he seemed even more shakey. just before he opened the car door to get out, i grabbed his hand.

"hey, are you sure your okay?"

"your such a mom." he said, kissing my forehead and getting out. "it's just the beer."we got into my house and i handed him a beer. he was acting relatively normal now.

3 beers later, he was drunk and could barley walk. i don't know why, but i had let him have all those drinks. now i know that that was his way of drowning out this thoughts.

"it's late, kyle. do you want dinner?"

"no." he moped, hugging me. i hugged him back, not thinking anything of it.