"I am going to try and calm her down, get her back to sleep for a bit. I am sorry about this and I'm sure she will be too. We'll come to find you later to apologise properly when she is in the right headspace" I explain to the guys, wanting to get back in and check her temperature properly as soon as possible. They all hum in agreement, or at least I think they did since I was moving into the trailer before the words had finished coming out of my mouth, my main concern always being Archer.

Bouncing slightly to try and calm Archer who is uncharacteristically fussy, I start looking for the thermometer, knowing Archer is burning up but having no idea how bad it really is. She is definitely sick, no doubt about it because I have never once heard Archer whine, yet here she is whining into my neck as she holds onto me with an iron grip. I am pretty sure whatever awful nightmare she just had was quite literally a fever dream and the whole nightmare thing has been made so much worse by the fact that she is clearly slightly delirious. "Shhh baby, you're ok. I'm right here" I mumble, still looking for the thermometer that I am sure I have somewhere.

Once we got back to Atlanta I made sure to buy all sorts of things in case Archer got sick while we filmed, or hurt, or anything really. If anything I probably went overboard, but now that she is actually sick I am so glad I pretty much bought out that pharmacy. Archer continues to fuss, quiet cries slipping past her lips every couple of seconds as I look through the cupboards. Ah, there it is. "Archer, baby, look at me a second please," I ask, shuffling so that we are sitting on the sofa so that I can have both hands to try and ease her head out of my neck. Which she clearly doesn't like as she just cries more. "I know, I know" I coo, rocking my body slightly as I use the hand that isn't holding the thermometer to cup her very hot face and pull it out of my neck slightly.

"Just let me take your temperature then we can work out what we are going to do, huh?" I coo, trying my best to soothe her as more coughs surround us, her chest crackling in what I must assume to be a fairly painful manner. After a lot of soft whispers and promises she finally lets me take her head away from my neck moving the bare minimum so that I could take her temperature. I wait patiently for the machine to beep, a deep frown etching onto my face when it flashes red, a hundred and two, shit. That is bad. "Archer, baby, we are going to have to have some medicine and then a shower" I coo, moving back to the medicine cabinet to see what I have. I know I got a crap tonne of drugs so I just need to figure out what to give her. I mean she clearly has a fever, she is coughing pretty nastily and she has been sick, although I don't know if she was sick because she is unwell or as a result of her nightmare. I really don't know what you are supposed to do with a sick child. 

I am failing right now. This is highlighted by Archer who suddenly starts wriggling before dropping to the ground on uneasy feet and makes what I think is supposed to be a mad rush, but is really more like a wobbly sway, to the toilet, where she starts dry heaving, painful sobs passing her lips in between her heaving. Poor thing. I am so close to joining her in her crying. Once she finishes I leave her on the floor, as she leans against the wall with a dazed look in her eyes, as I run back to the kitchen to grab some Tylenol, hoping that will help her at least with the fever before I think about what else she should have. 

"Archer, baby" I coo, walking back into the toilet and kneeling in front of her, letting my hand rest on her rosy cheeks, which really are too warm for my liking. I smile slightly as she nuzzles into my hand, "you have to take some medicine baby" I explain, watching as she shakes her head her eyes still screwed up tightly, although judging by the way she winces I am guessing we can add a headache to her list of symptoms. "I know, it's so yucky, but it will make you feel better though" I explain, holding the syringe to her lips while she frowns but lets me give it to her, making me let out a relieved breath. Now I just need to figure out a way to get her into a cold shower because a hundred and two is not good at all.