"Look," he said, "I apologise for that. I was, uh... I don't know what I was thinking. It was really stupid of me."

I rolled my eyes.

"I just..."

"You what?" I raised my brows.

"I just couldn't accept the fact that you and I cannot hang out together anymore."

I sighed. "We can still hang out, Draco. Just not like we used to. We can still be friends. But after what has happened, I think I might need some time."

"You can have all the time you want," he said. "And I won't stop you from dating Jason either. But I need to make sure he's good enough for you."

"Yeah, well, Jason is a great guy." I shrugged. "I don't know what else is needed to be good enough for me."

"Remember we decided we'll stop hanging out only when you find someone you can truly be with?" Draco asked.

"I think I can be with Jason," I said. "He cares about me a lot."

"Yes, but I need to know it in my own way," he said.

"I don't understand." I narrowed my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" Draco asked.

"What are you getting at?" I sounded afraid.

"Do you trust me, Y/N?" he repeated.

"Yes, yes," I said, "I trust you. Alright?"

Draco removed a tiny bottle from his pocket and handed it to me.

"I need you to put two drops of this in Jason's drink the next time you get a chance," he said, "And ask what his reason was for dating you."

"What the hell is this?" I asked. "I'm not putting this in his drink." I handed it back.

"Trust me," Draco pressed. "It won't do anything to him. He will only speak the truth."

"It is supposed to be a truth serum or something?"

"It's actually Verita... Yes, it's a truth serum."

"Am I supposed to believe you?" I scoffed.

"Yes," Draco said, "Because I need to know if he's good enough for you."

"Stop being possessive, Draco," I shouted, "I'm not your property to be treated like this. And I'm not doing this to Jason."

I walked away, but Draco followed me.

"Y/N, please," he called. "Please, stop."

I turned aggressively. "Draco, I... I can't do it. It's..."

"Look, Y/N," he said, "I know this sounds very wrong at the moment. But you know me. I'm not the kind of person to hurt anyone. And if this Jason genuinely cares about you, trust me, no one would be more pleased than me. I... I care about you. A lot. And I want you to be happy."

I sighed. Draco held up the bottle again. It shined in the sunlight. I looked at it for a moment before grasping and stuffing it in my pocket again.

"How is this supposed to work again?" I asked.

"I'll tell you that later," Draco said. "Two drops. No more."

***

Draco stretched as he took his stance near starting line. He sipped the herbal drink Zaider had prepared as he saw Andrew walking toward him.

"Wassup, sucker," he said. "Ready to lose?"

"Yeah, you definitely look like you're ready to lose," Draco spat.