"Done," I said.

"Well, good night then," Jason said and kissed me. "Are you sure you don't want me to drop you home? I'll drive quietly. Your parents won't notice."

"It's alright, Jason," I said. "I don't want to take a risk. I'm not on good terms with them already. I don't wanna worsen it."

"As you say," he said and kissed my forehead.

"Good night!" I smiled and watched him go. Sighing, I turned when Jason's car disappeared from sight.

I took a few steps to go back home when I heard a voice saying, "So, I'm guessing the date went well, muggle."

Turning around, I found the gleaming grey eyes staring at me from a distance.

***

Draco watched Y/N startle as she turned out. He knew she hadn't expected to see him here. He hadn't expected to call her out either. That was something he would do in his drunk state. But he had realised that was not much distinction between his real self and his drunk self. The only difference was he was rudely honest about his state of mind when he was drunk.

Draco wasn't drunk right now. But he was surely high on caffeine. He had read it on one of the paintings inside Billy's café.

Y/N hadn't responded yet. She kept looking at him, trying to see him clearer. "Did you come back here to see me?" she finally asked.

"Came back, never went home, who knows?" he said, straightening himself.

Draco didn't want Y/N to know he was still at Billy's. But the words flew out of his mouth even before he could fully process them. The muggle drink coffee seemed stronger than alcohol.

It was highly unlike him to get jealous over a muggle. But when Draco saw Y/N kissing Jason, he banged his coffee table with a loud noise which startled the other customers.

"You okay, man?" Billy had asked.

Draco had paid his bill and left the café. He hadn't expected to see Y/N with Jason still standing outside. He was caressing her hair like Draco once had. It made Draco's heartache. It was jealousy anymore; it was pure pain. And perhaps it was that pain talking to Y/N.

"I needed to talk to you, anyway," Y/N said.

Draco certainly hadn't expected that. He looked at her with interest. "And what is it that you have to say?" he asked.

"We need to stop this, Draco," she said, walking closer to him.

"Stop what?"

"Whatever we have been doing," Y/N said.

"And what exactly are we doing?"

Draco was playing foolishly on purpose. There were two reasons for it. One, because he wanted to hear it from Y/N. Two, he didn't want to believe it.

"You know what we are doing, Draco," she sighed.

"And you want to put an end to it?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied, "I have thought about it a lot. Dani was right..."

"Danielle?" Draco asked, interrupting Y/N.

"Yes," Y/N said, "She made me see how complicated this was. And what I was doing. This isn't right, Draco. This is not fair to Jason."

"And since when did you start to care about him?"

"Since today," Y/N firmly said. Jealousy pinched Draco again.

"Jason likes me," she continued, "I can see that. And I cannot cheat on him by fooling around with you."

"You think I don't like you?" Draco abruptly asked.