Picking up the rifle that Brad had left on the ground, I stood and pointed it at Drakkus. He smiled mercilessly.

"Little girl, put the gun down and let the big boys talk."

Pressing the trigger, I watched as his body lifted into the air and thumped to the ground. The end of the gun pushed me back, but I dug my feet into the ground. It wasn't much help, though.

"Nope. Hades is Corbin territory, and I am the leader, as placed by the true leader of this town. You've officially been placed on notice. Each and every one of you have got until sunset tomorrow to leave this town. Otherwise, I'm coming for all of you."

Discarding the shell, I unzipped my pocket and put another bullet into the chamber.

"Who is next?"

They all gasped as I swung the rifle around. Within seconds, they were gone. Drakkus groaned as he sat up, then looked at the wound.

"You shot me."

"Yeah, and I'm going to do it again. This time, I'm going to give you a warning by counting to three. Three."

Pressing the trigger again, I shot the vampire. His body jerked and thumped to the ground. I gladly accepted the pushback from the rifle. I'd even take the bruising that was likely to appear. All were a mark of my strength.

"You stole something from me, and I will never forgive you for it. If there is even an ounce of strength in you, I would suggest that you run. I will hunt you, and I will kill you because I will make you pay for what you did to Niko."

"This isn't over." he hissed, struggling to his feet.

"The words of a villain who has lost the battle."

Unloading the chamber again, Drakkus watched in horror as I pulled another bullet from my pocket. He turned to run. I lifted the rifle, wondering how good my aim was at a distance. Brad's hand pressed to my shoulder.

"Enough. We do not shoot in the back. Only cowards do that."

"He will come for us again if I don't kill him."

"I'm sure he will, but we do what is right. Face our enemy in their death so that their last memory is seeing the supremacy on our face."

I looked at Brad.

"This is a new side of you. Dark, twisted. I think I like it."

Brad rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"Yeah, great. This is what happens when a vampire enters our life. I was a good boy before he turned up."

"But he was a good influence on me," I said softly. "Despite the bad things that we did."