Chapter 47 Harlow

I'm not sure what freaked me out more. The fact that Canyon was calling me mommy, the fact that I heard him in dreamland, or the fact that neither one of those things bothered me as much as they probably should have. Something in my heart fluttered when that little voice called me mommy and it was like a missing piece had fallen into place. The most terrifying thought of all? I wanted to be those kids mommy.

"What happened?" I asked, struggling to talk with my dry, scratchy throat.

"You don't need to worry about that right now, angel." Griffin said as his fingers lightly brushed against my cheek.

"Griffin." I groaned and he chuckled at me.

"Fine. Ric took care of Christopher but Cairo got away. Gabe is on his trail right now. Their rogue followers have been dealt with, permanently." Griffin said with a dark look. I grabbed his hand and tugged him towards me. He greedily stuffed his face in my neck and kissed my sensitive marking spot.

"Hello, Luna, I'm glad to see you awake." A nurse smiled as she entered the room, "I'm Nurse Hailey."

"Hi." I winced.

Godric moved around the nurse to give me a glass of water with a straw. I eagerly chugged down the entire class. He sat on the other side of my bed and both Alphas refused to move out of the way. Nurse Hailey sighed and worked around them.

"How are you feeling?" She asked as she checked my vitals.

She made me sit up so she could listen to my lungs and heart. It felt like my entire body was on fire as I struggled to sit. The brothers instantly realized I was in pain and helped hold me in the sitting position.

"Sore." I admitted between gritted teeth.

"That's to be expected, Luna. You broke several ribs, your jaw and nose. You also had a collapsed lung and a severe concussion. Honestly, I'm surprised at how fast you're healing."

I immediately thought back to my dream with the Moon Goddess, but I said nothing.

"Everything looks good. I'll get the doctor, I'm sure she'll want to run some tests to see what's going on inside." Nurse Hailey said before leaving the room.

"I want to leave." I pouted once Godric and Griffin helped me to lay back down.

"You need to get those tests, precious. When the doctor says you're ready, we'll take you back to the packhouse." Godric insisted.

"When will Gabriel be back?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Is something wrong?" Griffin cocked his head to the side.

"I had another dream with the Moon Goddess and there are some things that I need to tell you." I confessed.

"You can tell us now, angel, and we'll bring Gabe up to speed later." Griffin said, holding my hand tightly. I bit my bottom lip, unsure about not telling all three of them at once.

"He won't be upset, Harlow." Godric assured me, sensing my nerves.

I sighed loudly,

"Fine." I conceded. I went on to tell Godric and Griffin everything the Moon Goddess told me.

"Dragons?" Godric looked like he didn't believe me.

"You hit your head really hard, angel." Griffin looked skeptical.

"No shit. I'm just now getting on board with the fact that this isn't all one big hallucination so don't start doubting me now." I snapped at them.

Godric instantly started running his fingers through my hair like he was trying to comfort me.