Chapter 32 Griffin

"Why can't the two of you think with your fucking head instead of your dicks!" I shouted at Gabe and Ric from the back of the SUV.

"We were telling those girls to leave us alone when she showed up." Ric grumbled.

"We shouldn't have to explain ourselves when it comes to defending our mate's honor against other males." Gabe was fuming.

"If what she says was true, which I'm sure it was because she has no reason to lie to us, then we did overreact. She's a human and doesn't see the same threats that we do." I argued with them.

"No, Griff, I won't give in here. Sometimes she just needs to learn her place." Gabe snapped.

"I cannot believe that you just said that." I growled at him.

"Do you have any idea how many mates, how many Alphas, take mistresses? She's lucky we've been so patient with her." Godric's eyes were black.

"You're both assholes." I said, then refused to speak with them for the rest of the trip home.

When we pulled up in front of the packhouse, the girls were out of the car and through the front door before we could even undo our seatbelts. We followed them upstairs.

"Let's just go, Annie." Cam sighed, arguing with his mate in the living room just outside of the elevator.

"No! Harlie needs us." She argued, turning her glare on us when she saw us exiting the elevator.

"Matti...." It seemed like Ambrose was having the same argument with his mate.

"It's okay," Our mate's voice sang through the room, "Go ahead, guys, I'll be fine." She was hugging herself with a sad but very pissed off look on her face.

"Are you sure, Harlie?" Kori asked, hugging her tightly. Nova was standing in front of us with her hands on her hips,

"You three better be good to her. You have a lot of apologizing to do." Nova said, jabbing her finger in our chests.

Finally, they all left, leaving just the four of us. Harlow glared at us before she turned around and stomped off towards her room.

"Don't shut us out, Harlow, talk to us, please." I begged, following after her first.

"I don't want to talk to any of you right now. I just want some space." She said, leaning on her door jam.

"You're being ridiculous." Gabe huffed.

"I'm sorry my emotions are so ridiculous." She spat, narrowing her eyes on him.

"Can't we just talk." Godric seemed to finally be calming down now, too, and was starting to see reason.

"No." Harlow said before backing into her room and slamming the door in our faces. I heard the lock slide home.

"Open this door!" Gabe slammed his fist into the door.

"Gabe, knock it off." I grabbed his arm and yanked him away from the door before he broke it down.

"I'm going to break that damn door down." He snarled.

"No you are not. You're going to go for a run and calm down. We'll address this in the morning before you make it worse." I gave him one good shove towards the door to our wing.

He stood up tall like he was going to attack me but then Godric planted himself between us.

"He's right, Gabe. Let's go." Ric said,

He grabbed Gabe's arm and forcibly made him walk towards the stairwell. Once they were gone I let out a sigh of relief and leaned on Harlow's door,

"They're gone, angel. I understand that you need some time to yourself so I'll just be out here looking out for you." I whispered. I heard something from the other side of the door and I knew that she heard me.